Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > THQ

Old 02-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #16
dom_ratte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmanen View Post
I have one theory why this game has so much performance issues:

Maybe they coded this game that it only uses about 50% of each CPU and GPU. That would also explain why those with high-end PC can run this game smoothly cause their PC is powerfull enough even with half power usage but gamers with mainstream PC's won't have enough power at 50% to fully run this game with good fps. This theory came to my mind cause someone said at the official forum that this game used all his CPU's 4 cores but only at 40% and same case was with the GPU... ...the game didn't fully take advantage of his PC's power. And if this turns out to be true (which i doubt) then this would be easy to fix with a patch and take that CPU/GPU limiter away.
false I get major lag with 4 way crossfire 6970 and a core i7 950 oc'd to 4.3ghz so it's definately not my pc it is the game just can't wait for a fix
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
yzf125

Yeah I would like to know this to, just started playing the game only to find out in race mode it lags like crazy !!!!
yzf125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
iambackagain

Banned
Before they release a performance patch tehy need to release a patch that puts screen resolution into the main menu.

Right now there is no way to change the screen resolution it doesn't exist in any menu in the game I know this because I have gone through all of them.

And for the record this game doesn't have performance problems at all it's the people using ATI cards with this game that is where teh problem comes from.

The only people that have and report performance issues with games are the people who use ATI cards. Nvidia users do not have any of the same performance and graphical problems as people with ATI. I know I don't.

I do not understand why it's so difficult for ATI users to understand that ATI cards cause problems with games. Every time there is a problem with a game the user reporting the problem always has an ATI card..every time, all the time, only problem listed by Nvidia users is when their computer cannot handle the game. Other than that there are never performance issues with Nvidia card users...

Even people who went from ATI to Nvida even said all their problems disappeared after they got rid of ATI.

I'm simply speaking from what I read and what people said..

If all the performance and graphical issues are ONLY coming from ATI users then why don't people understand that ATI cards are really not all that rgeat for gaming.

The fact is that games almost always require something to run that ATI cards cannot use. You cannot seriously say all the reports are from ATI and then not say the ATI card is the actual issue.

Last edited by iambackagain: 08-13-2011 at 09:22 AM.
iambackagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
Annoyer13

Anybody has a solution? I have 13 fps actually on quite new pc...
Annoyer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
ograville

Bonjour à tous,

J'avais exactement le même problème que vous il y a encore quelques minutes (lag, gros ralentissements même avec une petite résolution).

Sous Windows 7, j'ai pu fluidifier complètement le jeu en augmentant la priorité du processus du jeu.

Détail :
Ctrl+Alt+Supp => Gestionnaire de Tâches
Dans l'onglet "Processus", clic droit sur le processus "MXReflex.exe"
Définir la priorité => Temps réel (j'ai essayé avec "haute", ça ne changeait rien, il faut mettre "temps réel").

Ma config pour info : Phenom x4 950, 4 GO DDR3, ATI RADEON HD 7870, petite carte mère

A plus.
ograville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
ograville

Hi,

On my PC, most of the lags dissapeared under Windows 7 after changing the priority of the game processus.

Details :
Ctrl+Alt+Supp => Task Manager
In the "Processus" (in french) sheet, right clik on the "MXReflex.exe" processus
Définir la prioritéBonjour à tous,

J'avais exactement le même problème que vous il y a encore quelques minutes (lag, gros ralentissements même avec une petite résolution).

Sous Windows 7, j'ai pu fluidifier complètement le jeu en augmentant la priorité du processus du jeu.

Détail :
Ctrl+Alt+Supp => Gestionnaire de Tâches
Dans l'onglet "Processus", clic droit sur le processus "MXReflex.exe"
Define priority => "Real time" ("High" doesn't change anything).

My computer for information : Phenom x4 950, 4 GO DDR3, ATI RADEON HD 7870, cheap motherboard, hard drives in SATA2

Bye.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
ograville

Cool

Bonjour à tous,

Mea culpa, ma solution n'a fonctionné qu'une seule fois mais je n'ai pas lâché l'affaire ! Recherche dans les fichiers de config', redémarrage du jeu des dizaine de fois avec des paramètres différents et finalement...

Voilà la solution qui fonctionne à chaque fois sur mon PC :
- lancer le jeu en mode fenêtré / flou cinétique désactivé
- lancer une partie de supercross
- une fois la partie démarrée (le coup d'envoi parti), mettez le jeu en pause et aller dans le gestionnaire de tâches (Ctrl+Alt+Suppr) et aller dans l'onglet "Processus"
- cliquer sur "Afficher les processus de tous les utilisateurs
- clic droit sur le processus "MXReflex.exe"
- définir la priorité => Temps réel (j'ai essayé avec "haute", ça ne changeait rien, il faut mettre "temps réel"). Confirmer si nécessaire.
- clic droit sur le processus "MXReflex.exe"
- définir l'affinité => Décocher l'un des processeurs proposé (je décoche le 4ème appelé UC3 personnellement)
- retourner dans le jeu et apprécier la fluidité !

Edit : Dans d'autres modes de jeu que Supercross (comme Motocross par exemple), le problème revient parfois, je retire alors un nouveau processeur (clic droit sur processus => définir l'affinité => décocher) pour récupérer la fluidité.

Edit : Après plusieurs parties supplémentaires, je me rends compte que je dois régulièrement interchanger les processeurs à utiliser pour obtenir la fluidité. Exemple : j'ai un processeur quadri-coeur et j'enchaîne 2 partie de Motocross, je fais la première avec les core 0, et 1, je fais la deuxième avec les cores 2 et 3. VRAIMENT BIZARRE MAIS CA FONCTIONNE

Edit : Il faut souvent attendre entre 3 et 20 secondes avant que le réglage d'affinité ne soit réellement prix en compte. Soyez patient.

A plus !

Last edited by ograville: 01-29-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
zippyandgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_ratte View Post
false I get major lag with 4 way crossfire 6970 and a core i7 950 oc'd to 4.3ghz so it's definately not my pc it is the game just can't wait for a fix
It runs perfectly fine for me with a 8GB ram, GTX 580 and i7 2600k.
zippyandgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > THQ