Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Broken Sword series

Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
N1ghtmare

Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered

Hello Steam,

can u say something about the time when u will release the "Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered" Version on steam? there is only the normal version. and will u update the old "Broken Sword 2"? i dont want to buy the game twice.

The game ist on other gane-download-portals since months, so please hurry up.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Kradath

Charles Cecil told me over twitter that the original game will be updated, so you don't need to rebuy it.

And here's a more recent quote from today concerning the steam version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CharlesCecil
@Kradath Hi - Steam have the new files. How long it takes for them to exchange them is outside our control. Sorry.
Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CharlesCecil
@Kradath Steam have had BS2-R masters for few days. And they had them when we were going through Kaplypso. Sorry to all for frustration.

Last edited by Kradath: 10-13-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Kradath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
DarkSlim

Hi, I want to get the BS2 remastered version and I love Steam, prefer my games over Steam but we've been waiting months for it to come and it's now on GOG.com on sale for 3$ only including the original version and bonuses like manual, exclusive game guide, artworks and a comic book, pretty tempting, what would you recommend?
DarkSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
Kradath

I'm a big Steam fan but in this case I'd say go for the version on gog. Especially because it includes the original version which is better in my opinion.
Kradath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
Kalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlim View Post
Hi, I want to get the BS2 remastered version and I love Steam, prefer my games over Steam but we've been waiting months for it to come and it's now on GOG.com on sale for 3$ only including the original version and bonuses like manual, exclusive game guide, artworks and a comic book, pretty tempting, what would you recommend?
Get the GoG one, you don't need Steam open to play it but if you really want to you can add it to your steam library. The bonuses and lack of DRM are already a good deal, cutting the price in half is just icing.
Kalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
DarkSlim

Thanks guys! just bought it
GOG also just received Broken Sword 4 which I havn't seen on Steam yet, something seems stuck somewhere :\
DarkSlim is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Broken Sword series