Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders

Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #16
8u4dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronox12 View Post
No need to be that way, their website isn't loading for me. I tried checking there many times today but either way, thanks for the information.
It is also posted in the FAQ i have listed here...
8u4dinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
chronox12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8u4dinner View Post
It is also posted in the FAQ i have listed here...
Thanks for the information
chronox12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
Dr.Stinglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronox12 View Post
No need to be that way, their website isn't loading for me. I tried checking there many times today but either way, thanks for the information.
Why not? I saw a post that was based on a youtube video asking for sources.

This prompted me to go to their site, locate the information required, and post the method of discovery and the information requested, I found this rather easy to locate.

If you have problems accessing websites try viewing it via google cache.
Dr.Stinglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
jerg

Aw this sucks, I was ready to be one of the privileged few who wielded TF2 pets :/
jerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
Pajjama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorghan View Post
I was thinking about this situation:
What if you buought this game in the pre-order phase, but let's say the first time you install it, is in a couple of months (probably after they ended the "bonus stuff time").
Do you still get the pre-order items, cause you bought the game early or does this kind of thing depend on the time, you first install the game?
You should, Steam tracks whether or not you pre-ordered a game.

Also, this is available, forever, for anyone who buys it over Steam.
Pajjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #21
jerg

So...there is zero pre-order reward?

Pre-ordering option is now gone but everything looks the same, with the 10% off and TF2 stuff.
jerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #22
Finaldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
So...there is zero pre-order reward?

Pre-ordering option is now gone but everything looks the same, with the 10% off and TF2 stuff.
The tf2 pets and portal gun are not preorder bonuses, they are just bonuses for people who buy the game the first week or so. They are still listed on the store page under "Steam Exclusive Offer".
Finaldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #23
chobochobo

Assuming they don't make it a DLC later like a lot of companies have been doing lately.

I've been burned way too many times by "pre-order exclusives".
chobochobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #24
Thorghan

So we know that these items are some kind of early buying bonus.
I just saw, that in my steam library, that under the tab of DLC for "Dugneon Defenders" you can see two DLCs: Advanced Technology & Elite Gear Pack.
So my guess is, you don't need to install the game, to save the bonus items (Portal gun & Pets) on your account.

What I still don't know is, what is with people who get the game gifted in a couple of months from someone who bought the game during the steam bonus item phase.

It's annoying, that so many developers are not clearly talking about pre-order bonuses, early buying/access bonuses or other free/exclusive stuff they implemented.
My guess: It's intended to be this way, because if they wanted to make it clear, it wouldn't take long to make a description for this stuff, without leaving players with more questions than answers.
Thorghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #25
Pheace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorghan View Post
So we know that these items are some kind of early buying bonus.
I just saw, that in my steam library, that under the tab of DLC for "Dugneon Defenders" you can see two DLCs: Advanced Technology & Elite Gear Pack.
So my guess is, you don't need to install the game, to save the bonus items (Portal gun & Pets) on your account.

What I still don't know is, what is with people who get the game gifted in a couple of months from someone who bought the game during the steam bonus item phase.

It's annoying, that so many developers are not clearly talking about pre-order bonuses, early buying/access bonuses or other free/exclusive stuff they implemented.
My guess: It's intended to be this way, because if they wanted to make it clear, it wouldn't take long to make a description for this stuff, without leaving players with more questions than answers.
Hmm I bought the 4 pack and I don't seem to have the Steam Exclusives either ;_;
Pheace is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders