Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > James Cameronís Avatar: The Game

Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
hessianfifer

Will I be able to run this game?

I meet the system requirements for it other that the Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz processor. I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz processor, but for some instances I can run a game that doesn't even meet the minimum settings (Alien Swarm for example on my laptop), does anyone use a Intel Pentium for this game and got it to work?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
hessianfifer

Well I did a bit more research. The minumum for a intel Pentium 4 is 3.2 Ghz. Will it run still you think?
hessianfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
GisleAune

Don't worry, the processor of mine is a 2.2 GHz dual.

Protip: Graphics card is what does the most in gaming. 2GHz is enough for most modern games.

Also, I assume your computer is quite good, seeing as it has 3GHz processor, but if you want to play safe, tell me what Graphics card it has and i'll check if it does.

Also, don't listen to the reviews, if you're a fan of the movie, then this game is a must-have.

Last edited by GisleAune: 07-28-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
hessianfifer

Well, I'll be getting a Nvidia 9400gt very soon, along with a total 2 GB of RAM. I'm pretty sure it'll work too, but I'm afraid it'll be quite laggy when I play it. I know the game looks awesome, it may not be the best game I've ever played, but it might be the prettiest game I've played yet.
hessianfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
trek554

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisleAune View Post
Don't worry, the processor of mine is a 2.2 GHz dual.

Protip: Graphics card is what does the most in gaming. 2GHz is enough for most modern games.

Also, I assume your computer is quite good, seeing as it has 3GHz processor, but if you want to play safe, tell me what Graphics card it has and i'll check if it does.

Also, don't listen to the reviews, if you're a fan of the movie, then this game is a must-have.
you should not be giving advice at all. lol. its the architecture not just the speed of a cpu that matters. for example a 3.0 Pentium D is much slower than a 2.0 Core 2. the cpu matters quite a bit for gaming and picking a random frequency such as 2.0 and calling it adequate is just silly. also the faster the gpu one has then the faster the cpu needs to be to fully utilize it.

Last edited by trek554: 08-22-2010 at 03:26 AM.
trek554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #6
trek554

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hessianfifer View Post
Well, I'll be getting a Nvidia 9400gt very soon, along with a total 2 GB of RAM. I'm pretty sure it'll work too, but I'm afraid it'll be quite laggy when I play it. I know the game looks awesome, it may not be the best game I've ever played, but it might be the prettiest game I've played yet.
a 9400gt is a very low end card is not going to play many newer games on anything but lower settings and res. in fact it doesn't even meet the min requirements to play some games at all. 2gb of system ram will not be enough for playing some games if you are using Vista or 7 but with XP you would be fine. really with your Pentium D cpu many games including this one will be quite sluggish no matter what gpu that you buy.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
ojskyguy1220

Hey. I'm just wondering if I would be able to run Avatar on my laptop if it could run Team Fortress 2 with a very small amount of lag on default settings.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
trek554

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojskyguy1220 View Post
Hey. I'm just wondering if I would be able to run Avatar on my laptop if it could run Team Fortress 2 with a very small amount of lag on default settings.
how would anyone possibly know? you mention nothing about your actual hardware. TF2 is not a demanding game and what the game defaults to is different on every pc as for as I know. and small amount of lag could mean unplayable for some people.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
muddeprived

Here are my specs: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0 ghz
4 gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB

I can Avatar and L4D2 on max settings flawlessly.
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > James Cameronís Avatar: The Game