Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Zoo

Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
MlleBienvenu

Question How Many Distinct Animal Categories Are There?

Is it just Big Cats, Small Monkeys, Pandas, Koalas, Giraffes and Horses, or are there more categories to unlock? I've seen grizzlies, alligators and penguins in the commercials... just wondering how many other categories are there?

Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
nemesis519

They haven't been unlocked on my PC, but according to data files in the game directory there could be 11 different kinds:
-Antelope
-Bear
-BigCat
-Crocodile
-Elephant
-Giraffe
-Horse
-Koala
-Panda
-Penguin
-SmallMonkey
nemesis519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
MlleBienvenu

Ahh Thanks for the reply

I think I might get this It looks cute. heheh...
MlleBienvenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Meg496

PLEASE HELP I HAVE QUESTIONS!!!!
I havent gotten the game yet and I want to know what the game is all about. Cause if I buy it and think it's lame then I will be wasting money. So here are my questions:

1. Can you walk around on the ground like in Zoo Tycoon 2?

2. Can you build the exhibits? Like in Zoo Tycoon 2, you can build the fence, make water holes, and hills and mountains, etc. So can we do that in this game.

3. I saw in some videos that you can make babies in the create an animal place. Do they grow up into adults?

4. Can you breed animals? So like say a Koala is blue and another one is like yellow and they mate you would get a green baby. But can they mate?

Thats all for now so ANY HELP would be AWESOME SO PLEEAASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
Colcob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis519 View Post
They haven't been unlocked on my PC, but according to data files in the game directory there could be 11 different kinds:
-Antelope
-Bear
-BigCat
-Crocodile
-Elephant
-Giraffe
-Horse
-Koala
-Panda
-Penguin
-SmallMonkey
I'm curious about this. My data folders only contain the files for the initial 6 animal families, I contacted Blue fang and they responded to confirm that the PC game ONLY includes these families. Did you buy the game through steam? and if so when?

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Blue Fang Games, your feedback and comments are important to us.

There was initially incorrect information posted on Steam regarding the contents of the PC version of World of Zoo. This information has since been corrected and we are sorry for any confusion regarding the contents of World of Zoo for the PC.

The current PC version ($19.99) of World of Zoo includes over 40 animal species in the following animal families:

- Big Cats
- Giraffes
- Horses
- Pandas
- Koalas
- Small Monkeys

The Wii version ($39.99) contains the above animal families, plus the following animal families:
- Bears
- Penguins
- Crocodiles
- Antelopes
- Elephants

Any additional questions, comments or feedback you have related to World of Zoo should be directed directly to THQ via their support website (http://support.thq.com/thq/consumer/search.asp) as they are responsible for the marketing, distribution and customer support of all World of Zoo content.

Regards,

Blue Fang Games
Old 01-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
nemesis519

The devs would have the best info naturally.

They don't seem to have cleaned up their data files the best for the PC version in that case.

They have some remnant sound, music files for penguins, crocodiles, elephants, (eg. "Music_Penguin_Exhibit_00.bnk"), and some collision and objects files for those extra animals.

They also have some identically prefixed animal & animal editor files for Horses, Strong-Hoofed Animals (StrongHoofedAnimal.pkg) and Giraffes but why have 3 sets of files then when there's only 2 animal groups in the PC version. 'Strong-hoofed' would overlap with Horses and Giraffes (and Antelope on WII).

But there are some missing files for some of the animals too; they only have 6 nursery files for animals that are only on the PC animal-list.

It doesn't help matters that the World of Zoo screenshots on Steam feature brown bears and penguin, etc. either. It's just a bit odd that out of 7 screenshoots on Steam, 4 of the 7 screens would show animals NOT in the game.

Last edited by nemesis519: 01-13-2010 at 06:15 PM.
nemesis519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Jay_ombie

Thats not good at all... thats even false advertising.

I have seen penguins illustrated for this game and have told my daughter there are penguins.

If there are not, be nice if they could revive this game and do some DLC promotion stuff and include the animals that are not in the game that should be.
Jay_ombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
gamedevguy

I know someone who worked at Blue Fang on this game, so I can answer some questions (anonymously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg496 View Post
1. Can you walk around on the ground like in Zoo Tycoon 2?
No. You play from one fixed location in each exhibit, though you can raise the camera for a higher view.

Quote:
2. Can you build the exhibits? Like in Zoo Tycoon 2, you can build the fence, make water holes, and hills and mountains, etc. So can we do that in this game.
You can, but it's all in a predetermined way. The focus of the game is hands-on interaction directly with the animals, so everything is focused on this.

Quote:
3. I saw in some videos that you can make babies in the create an animal place. Do they grow up into adults?
No. But you can switch them into adults if you want, and vice versa.

Quote:
4. Can you breed animals? So like say a Koala is blue and another one is like yellow and they mate you would get a green baby. But can they mate?
Nope. Again, not the focus of this game. The editor is pretty fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis519 View Post
They don't seem to have cleaned up their data files the best for the PC version in that case.
It doesn't help matters that the World of Zoo screenshots on Steam feature brown bears and penguin, etc. either. It's just a bit odd that out of 7 screenshoots on Steam, 4 of the 7 screens would show animals NOT in the game.
I'll let you in on a little secret... the PC version was split into two games, but the Wii version is still the complete game.

As I heard it, the price point would have been too high to sell the complete PC game at the same price as the Wii game, so the decision was made to halve the PC game (and thus halve the price), delaying the release of the remainder of the PC game until Spring 2010.

Except the Spring version never got released. And the marketing dept failed to notify PC customers that they were buying half of the game. On top of that, Blue Fang laid off the entire World of Zoo development team, so it is extremely unlikely there will be any updates.

I do recommend the game however, even though I have no connection to the sales, it's just plain great fun. Get the Wii version!

Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #9
Softspokenman

Banned
sounds like fraud to me
wiki
In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g., in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain.
Softspokenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Zoo