Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dreamcast Collection

Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
X01

Banned
SC5P2: More missing Japanese audio

Just played through the whole game with Japanese audio.

The very last boss battle of the game (level 6) has even more audio vocals missing. It's actually even worse than the missing audio on the 4th level boss.

If you are buying this game and intend to play it in Japanese I highly recommend that you wait for a possible fix.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Tsukento

If you're buying a MUSIC RHYTHM GAME for Japanese voices and not the gameplay or music itself, then you probably need to rethink why you even want to play this.
Tsukento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
DarkoZL:

I don't understand the obsession with Japanese voiceovers either, unless you actually speak Japanese. The English VOs are by no means great but good enough.

My only exception was when I watched DBZ in subs just because I saw the whole series before and wanted to try something different
DarkoZL: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
X01

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
If you're buying a MUSIC RHYTHM GAME for Japanese voices and not the gameplay or music itself, then you probably need to rethink why you even want to play this.
Im buying the game for the WHOLE experience. That's like saying why care if you buy a music CD and the vocals are missing. It's important because it's part or the original game. Those of us who have been playing this game for years are used to the Japanese vocals.
X01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
X01

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkoZL: View Post
I don't understand the obsession with Japanese voiceovers either, unless you actually speak Japanese. The English VOs are by no means great but good enough.

My only exception was when I watched DBZ in subs just because I saw the whole series before and wanted to try something different
Because the game has only had Japanese vocals for a long time. Fans of this game who have been playing this for years are used to them.
Also, the English dub is awful. The charters have been totally changed. And yes, I can understand the Japanese.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Shakey_Jake33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
Irrelevent. It's a bug in the game that the OP has highlighted in the hope of a fix. Whether or not people use the Japanese voice option is besides the point.
Shakey_Jake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
Malan

@Tsukento : Japanese version is the ORIGINAL version, and this game is like a musical, so songs are the most important things in this game. If you can't understand that, then you don't know things about Space Channel 5.

Thus, I'm not english, and I'm sure that I'm not alone here, so I don't care of rearanged english voices, I want the original voices.

I hope SEGA will fix that bug...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
dkwo

OMG I so envy @Tsukento, he's so popular.

Luckily I read write and speak Japanese and even live and work in Japan -- I'm totally entitled to bash SEGA for poor packaging.
dkwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
ShinKagato

I agree with the majority of people here, i learned Japanese through playing games and watching anime in its original language. Im a big believer that nothing should be dubbed and i always make the effort to play/watch or listen to everything in its original language. The english dub for this game is pretty horrible, the singers just dont have the passion of the Japanese cast and yes, a lot of the lines etc have been changed.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #10
metal_spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinKagato View Post
I agree with the majority of people here, i learned Japanese through playing games and watching anime in its original language. Im a big believer that nothing should be dubbed and i always make the effort to play/watch or listen to everything in its original language. The english dub for this game is pretty horrible, the singers just dont have the passion of the Japanese cast and yes, a lot of the lines etc have been changed.
I think the english dub is capable-to-average, but the singing parts definitely had flat delivery - be it the first level's sing-off, first boss or Pine's introduction song (which wrecks up the timing of the hidden Chus quite a bit).

Oh yeah, on a lighter note, hidden Chus are very fun to activate. (Portions during cutscenes where you can press Chu for a extra ratings boost necessary to 100% the stage.)
metal_spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
Pumpgunner

So any news if SEGA will fix this problem?
Pumpgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #12
X01

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpgunner View Post
So any news if SEGA will fix this problem?

Been a long time. I was in contact with Sega support back and forth but didn't get anywhere. Seems they've given up.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dreamcast Collection