Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
addictedto60fps
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 4
Posts: 160
New preview of Serious Sam

Looks like they're almost done! Cannot wait!

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/s...5/preview.html
addictedto60fps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Lord Gremlin
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 69
Posts: 1,300
Yeah... I've payed for this game a long time ago, when they said it will release in October. These previews seem like needless teasing.

I will likely play it on PS3 mostly (trophies, duh), but real fans can't wait and pay 2-3 times for several versions. So did I.
I remember Croteam twitted about sending new preview builds... Took a long time to get anything from it.

And I dislike that they overused Kleers again. It's the only enemy that's unsatisfying to kill (no blood and no gore).
I want a huge horde of Gnaars.

Last edited by Lord Gremlin: 10-18-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Lord Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Cunin
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 191
Posts: 1,317
That preview is still a WIP btw
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Polantaris
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 42
Posts: 301
It's very possible they will take comments from previewers to heart. I'm sure they did the first time. We still have a month before it's released...all that stuff that the preview said was disappointing or bad might be gone/changed by the time the game gets released.

That's one of the perks to preview builds. They let people have an input outside of the company where nothing they say will hurt them, so their opinion is honest. Their honest opinion leads to an improved product because the developers see what people do and do not like.
Polantaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
edichez
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 5
Posts: 200
Damn, I was hoping for more of those shrinking lava guys (never learned any of the names, they are all explosive screaming guys, skeleton bulls, massive bulls, etc) they were very fun to deal with, because as you saw them decrease in size you really felt you were doing some progress mauling tons of them apart and seeing the mob decrease in height.
edichez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
j3ff86
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Reputation: 9
Posts: 233
"this code is far more stable and less prone to crashes."

That's not nearly as comforting to hear as he thinks it is.
j3ff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #7
Polantaris
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 42
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff86 View Post
"this code is far more stable and less prone to crashes."

That's not nearly as comforting to hear as he thinks it is.
Why exactly is that? That means the developers are doing what they delayed the game to do. It's still a preview build, basically a beta build, which means they still have work to do, but it's clear they are doing a good job.
Polantaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
Lord Gremlin
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 69
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polantaris View Post
Why exactly is that? That means the developers are doing what they delayed the game to do. It's still a preview build, basically a beta build, which means they still have work to do, but it's clear they are doing a good job.
You know, acceptable number of crashes is exactly 0. 1 is too much already.
That said, I mostly play on PS3, where it's fairly standard (except for a couple of games), so some people may disagree, but being a big Serious Sam fan I have all series PC games. And for example HD remakes, the ones that run on Serious Engine 3, they never crash. At all. Perfectly stable.

The sheer notion that BFE is prone to crashes to any degree is worrying.
Lord Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Hamster Gutz
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 4829
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gremlin View Post
I will likely play it on PS3 mostly (trophies, duh), but real fans can't wait and pay 2-3 times for several versions. So did I.
I remember Croteam twitted about sending new preview builds... Took a long time to get anything from it.
Er, why would anyone pay for 3 versions of the same game? How does that make you a real fan?
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
MADDOGGE
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 11396
Posts: 26,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
Er, why would anyone pay for 3 versions of the same game? How does that make you a real fan?
Three different groups of people to play co-op and MP with.


The game will be fine come launch. That's what the poor beta testers are being tortured 24/7 to achieve.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Polantaris
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 42
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gremlin View Post
You know, acceptable number of crashes is exactly 0. 1 is too much already.
That said, I mostly play on PS3, where it's fairly standard (except for a couple of games), so some people may disagree, but being a big Serious Sam fan I have all series PC games. And for example HD remakes, the ones that run on Serious Engine 3, they never crash. At all. Perfectly stable.

The sheer notion that BFE is prone to crashes to any degree is worrying.
You clearly have no understanding of programming in the least. Therefore, your argument is instantly void.

Just to point out a small little fact, there's no crashing in the HD remakes because Croteam took the time to make sure it was done right. That's exactly what they are doing here. That's why the game was delayed, to polish it to perfection. The concept that you are worried because a BETA PREVIEW build was buggy is a laughable idea. That's why beta builds exist.

Last edited by Polantaris: 10-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Polantaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
kataklinger
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 35
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gremlin View Post
You know, acceptable number of crashes is exactly 0.
No, we don't know. Apparently you're the only one with the notion. Even manned space flights have more flexible standard than that.

Last edited by kataklinger: 10-24-2011 at 01:23 PM.
kataklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Cunin
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 191
Posts: 1,317
Oh and don't worry either way. Even if final build would have some crash bug, it will be fixed later. This is not <insert big company name here>.
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.