Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes

Old 10-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Substar

Cool game!

I bought Numen a while back when it was the daily deal and I have to say it was a great deal. If it goes on sale again and you love RPGs, snap it up, I would even recommend it at its regular price but play the demo first to see if you like the pacing.
Numen is a grecian RPG with a UI very similar to world of warcraft and similar MMOs. It was very easy for me to get into. It is a small but rich world; three classes to play, nine gods to serve with different abilities/spells. Gorgeous graphics, well detailed monsters to fight, side quests, loot galore, treasure hunting, tournaments and duels (completely optional if you don't like them. Took me about 15 hrs to finish the game and thats with exploration and doing most if not all of the side quests.
Some folks have encountered bugs, I only had two crash to desktops, one at a save point in a dungeon that glitched and once because the orthrus cut scene didnt load properly. Nothing game breaking.
The story is good but truncated at the end as if the devs ran out of time. Part of the story is that my brother died because I failed to get an antidote in time and while taking his corpse to a mountain temple to burn it I learned of a way to bring him back if I did a favor for the gods and so Numen begins. At the end when I beat the last guy the game ends and there is no mention of my brother. Now I'm going to have guilt the rest of my life for failing to save him <sniff>
I still recommend it to RPGs fans so give it a try if it apeeals to you in the slightest.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Vince53

By fifteen hours, do you mean with one type player, or with all three type players?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
Thanks for your summary, Substar. We are glad you like our game. BTW: Don't feel guilty, the first outro sequence does say that Charon has to take your sibling back now that you succeeded.

Vince53: It is about 15 hours for each character class. I would recommend to try all of them because they do have different gameplays - warrior and mage are self-explaining and the most distinct is the hunter who uses his bow, plays his lyre and sets traps on the ground to hurt or kill his enemies before they reach him.
kovi_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
graspee

Nice- between the OP and the dev you spoiled the plot of the entire game. Guess I don't need to buy and play it now.
graspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
halororor

Don't worry, you're better off that way. It's really nothing more than a sub-par singleplayer MMO.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
urbanriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by halororor View Post
Don't worry, you're better off that way. It's really nothing more than a sub-par singleplayer MMO.
I used to prefer solo'ing in MMO's; would it be suitable for me if that was my preferable style?
urbanriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
halororor

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanriot View Post
I used to prefer solo'ing in MMO's; would it be suitable for me if that was my preferable style?
Well, you could always try it out, but I'd highly advise against it. I'd much rather play WoW solo than play this again. It's not a particularly horrible game, but what it does, it doesn't do especially well.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
James R

Liked to play wow solo and always wished there was a mmo type single player. This would be it. I am loving this game. Love the loot. Imo this is what d3 should have been.
James R is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes