Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
Pre-load LIVE!

Dear customers, STEAM pre-order is live and You pre-order beta data are now being replaced with final data ...

the game will be available on the release (unlocked)

Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
RadioMan

I don't think this is fair, ofcourse you want to preload if you plan to start playing the game at midnight, but I only bought this game yesterday and wanted to give it one more run and all it gives me here is a new 16 gb download which will be finished before noon CET and when I know steam from past installments they will only unlock it not at midnight CET but at midnight GMT for europe, so I won't be able to play it until tomorrow.
Wouldn't it been wiser to either not make the preload available, I got pretty fast internet myself and this is downloaded within an hour or so, or put the preload online somewhere near your office closing time (5pm probably) so it would only start loading after I signed off and on again in steam.
I know that I am able to play the full game within 24 hrs. from now, which is alot better than some of the games that makes me wait 'till about 7 pm on the day of release, but still this game is kinda new to me and was hoping to play a little more in beta today, didn't even finish all the tutorial missions.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
gimpymoo

A pre-load is a nice gesture for those without reasonable broadband so thanks for that and I am not knocking you guys but surely you could have had both running side by side?

The store pages still says

Quote:
Pre-Purchase Take On Helicopters
Pre-purchase and play the beta now!
15% pre-Purchase Discount
Could you try to get it released at Midnight european time tonight?

Last edited by gimpymoo: 10-26-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
RadioMan

I think it will be 1 am european time, since valve or steam thinks that both the UK and europe are having the same timezone.
Anyway, I might be playing the game around midnight, but most of the time I don't stay up to play any games, so it will probably be tomorrow anyhow.
Just curious what you mean with both running side by side, are you saying that you can still run the beta?

Edit, it just read that it will be available in 1 day and 2 hours, this would be 7 pm European time, now I really don't like preloading on steam anymore, I own over 300 games on steam alone and there are so many things that make me angry everytime, but I doubt that I will ever pre-purchase any game from steam, ofcourse this is besides the games I currently have on pre-order. Luckilly they changed the age confirmation screens (just one of those things that jarateed me off, sorry for the language here) because I know 12 or 13 year old kids that play mature rated games and faking your date of birth is very easily done.
OK, I am a bit upset now, don't punish me for this, just need to say this and that I am not happy with this at this moment.

Last edited by RadioMan: 10-26-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Just found out something in the shop which I got angry about.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
A pre-load is a nice gesture for those without reasonable broadband so thanks for that and I am not knocking you guys but surely you could have had both running side by side?

The store pages still says

Could you try to get it released at Midnight european time tonight?
preload date and full version can't run together due to being different data...

and the game can't be available sooner than 15:30 CEST 27-11-2011 ...

i will discuss with Valve if it's possible rotate this around globe , if not then it will be bit later (Valve time)

Last edited by Dwarden: 10-26-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
RadioMan

Sorry to interupt here, but the game is allready fully downloaded and I know that valve personal need their goodnight sleep, but they only have to switch the game so that it can be run at a certain date and time in the future.

Appearantly they have to be there at that time, so depending if Valve sleeps on the Eastcoast (6pm eastern would be midnight CET) or on the westcoast (3 PM western would be midnight CET) where CET is Central European Time, the same time in my country as in the czech republic.

I know that this is a bit hard for valve to understand and this certainly not your problem, but they want to do their business around the globe, but are still stuck within the US when it comes to many things.
I am totally aware that I am complaining about this, but I have some kind of authism which makes it very hard for me to think about this in a normal way. Believe me, I am really making myself upset and angry about this at the moment and I had to walk away from the computer while writing this message for 3 times now, just to cool down a little.
Hope you understand this and I am really not angry at you or valve, just can't handle this (which in my mind is a much more logic and better solution for all of us.)

Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
Elexin

If we all already paid for it, the game data is ready, and we should at least be able to play the old version... why cant you just have it unlocked early. Doesnt seem like it would be that hard.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
RadioMan

Well it's past midnight here, really think it won't arrive before 7 pm.
And Elexin, it's not Bohemia Interactive that activates the game, but valve or steam if you prefer to call them that.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elexin View Post
If we all already paid for it, the game data is ready, and we should at least be able to play the old version... why cant you just have it unlocked early. Doesnt seem like it would be that hard.
there is no 'old version' anymore, that data are gone, obsolete ...

Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
Ranger3661

Dwarden,

I purchased this last night (in Korea), and haven't played it yet. However, I noticed one thing in the video trailers. You have placed us in the left hand seat which is proper in an airplane (fixed-wing aircraft), however in helicopters the pilot in command sits on the right side. Will this be corrected in the final version which I will be using?

Rick
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
firemane

Helo pilots sit on the left too.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
Ranger3661

Generally the pilot in command sits on the right in rotary wing aircraft. The left seat is then occupied by the co-pilot. The aircraft can be flown from either seat and the co-pilot often mirrors the pilot so he/she can take over if a situation arises.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #13
sanjsanj

Of the helos I've flown so far in the beta iirc it was only that one that had you sit on the left, the rest place you on the right.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
Ranger3661

That sounds right. Waiting for Steam to decrypt the program so I can start my new career. Good luck to all and happy flying.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters