Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > First Templar, The

Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Joshyjess

How do I get Product Registratin Key?

I bought the game knowing that it requires a special key that you get from the producer, but I don't know how to get it.
After buying the game last night, and installing it (via SteaM), I went ahead and ran it for the first time, and a screen saying I need to enter my product Key comes up.
How do I get this key? I'm not given an option of going to Kaylpso's home page or anything to set up an account, it simply wants the product key.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Joshyjess

Never mind, I'm a dope. When I first launched it, Steam gave me the product key, I just zoomed right on by it.

Let me also add, that after I got past my senior moment, it only took about 30 seconds to register the game and get it going. I know that there are some other threads about how bad that registration is, but that simply isn't true.

Last edited by Joshyjess: 10-26-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Joshyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
arth1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshyjess View Post
Let me also add, that after I got past my senior moment, it only took about 30 seconds to register the game and get it going. I know that there are some other threads about how bad that registration is, but that simply isn't true.
According to Kalypso's own FAQ, it can take up to 3 hours to get the confirmation e-mail. For me, it took just under half an hour. For you it took very little time, but you can't infer from that that it will be the same way for everyone, and definitely not draw conclusions that it "isn't true" - that's perilously close to accusing others (including Kalypso) of lying.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Joshyjess

I came very close to not buying this game because of some threads that others have started complaining about how awful the registration process is to get this game working.
typing in your email, waiting a bit (unfortunately some have to wait longer than others) copying the code they give you, and pasting it onto the line asking for it is not hard. It is not a bad process. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they decided to register their game.

I'm sorry if you had to wait a bit, but I repeat - it is not a bad or difficult process. Those who say it is have no idea what they are talking about.
A bad process is something like Windows Live (or whatever it's called, I haven't used them in so long that I forget) that makes you jump through hoop after hoop, registration page after registration page, and hope that you get lucky enough to get your game working, and then you have to log onto Windows live to play.

This game is nothing like that. You do one or two clicks, wait for the email (which is about the only thing I guess can be complained about), copy and paste the password and you are done.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Fred DM

i didn't even have to wait for the email. it was in my account when i checked 2.5 seconds after sending the registration information.
Fred DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
touriste

Here: http://imageshack.us/f/577/herey.jpg/
touriste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Joshyjess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touriste View Post
Awesome! I never saw that over there before. That's great to know for future reference!

+ Rep

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > First Templar, The