Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series

Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Budles

DMC4 impressions

Bought the game from the halloween sale and been playing it for about 2 hours now.

First thing that really got my attention was the combat system. Different combos, timing matters and you can generally get a really good feeling and touch on it.

Then hit the bad stuff. Why is most of the game running corridors that have no enemies? Why is there platforming sequences when the outside combat controls are horrible? The camera makes it even more painful.

Im in the fortuna castle at the moment and trying to get the spinning statues puzzle done. With the controls and the camera its pain.

Tell me, is the rest of the game this same? Puzzles, empty corridors and horrible platforming? Does it get any better as in more combat and less ****?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Nicespliff

I bought this game and installing it now. I played this game on XBOX and loved it. If you're playing with keyboard I could not imagine how annoying that would be, so I recommend you get a XBOX controller.
Nicespliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Budles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicespliff View Post
I bought this game and installing it now. I played this game on XBOX and loved it. If you're playing with keyboard I could not imagine how annoying that would be, so I recommend you get a XBOX controller.
Im playing with xbox controller but its kind of irrelevant to my problems with the game.
Budles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Sami69

DMC 3 with same graphics as 4 and same level of quality would blow this game out of water. I didn't like this one so much even though i really low those over the top animations and style of Capcom.
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series