Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Hivomnomnom

Nameless mod difficulties

So whenever I try to play TNM, it *always* only shows up on a portion of my screen, with the other part still showing my browwser/desktop/whatever I was doing.

So I alt tab in. If I do this, however, the game has huge graphical glitches and I'm unable to see anything.

Is there a fix/workaround? I downloaded over a gigabyte to play this, I'm really disappointed.

EDIT: It's working, but it's really not even fun. I get that it took effort and all, but it's just...bad.

Last edited by Hivomnomnom: 11-01-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Captain_Destro

TNM isn't any good? I'm surprised you even like the actual game itself.

To be honest TNM is arguably as good as classic Deus Ex.
Captain_Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
dwarvenwarrior

We are all entitled to our opinions. I found TNM to be very entertaining, and, in some respects, it outshines Deus Ex I believe.
dwarvenwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
Hivomnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Destro View Post
TNM isn't any good? I'm surprised you even like the actual game itself.

To be honest TNM is arguably as good as classic Deus Ex.
I *love* Deus Ex.

But I've tried only two custom weapons and they've been enough to make me dislike it. Seriously, the pump gun is absolutely useless, it has less range than the shotgun, and the pistol, awesome as it looks, can not function well with their added crosshair at all. I saw people thinking the character creation was awesome which led me to believe it would be more than "trenchcoat or no trenchcoat" and "sunglasses or no sunglasses." I must admit I am impressed at the dialog, I chose a trenchcoat, and was told "Nice coat, by the way; you're really rocking the JC Denton." but the gameplay is just bad to me. The crosshair is abysmal with most weapons. When I used to easily get headshots from medium range in Deus Ex I have to be half a foot away before I can use it here. The fists are useless once you get a baton.

I don't like what I've played, but I'll play more later, if you say it's that good.
Hivomnomnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Captain_Destro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivomnomnom View Post
I *love* Deus Ex.

But I've tried only two custom weapons and they've been enough to make me dislike it. Seriously, the pump gun is absolutely useless, it has less range than the shotgun, and the pistol, awesome as it looks, can not function well with their added crosshair at all. I saw people thinking the character creation was awesome which led me to believe it would be more than "trenchcoat or no trenchcoat" and "sunglasses or no sunglasses." I must admit I am impressed at the dialog, I chose a trenchcoat, and was told "Nice coat, by the way; you're really rocking the JC Denton." but the gameplay is just bad to me. The crosshair is abysmal with most weapons. When I used to easily get headshots from medium range in Deus Ex I have to be half a foot away before I can use it here. The fists are useless once you get a baton.

I don't like what I've played, but I'll play more later, if you say it's that good.

I'd say stick with it. The Pistol is just the HDTP model and I haven't had any issues with crosshairs. Accuracy isn't an issue if you have the repsctive weapon skill.

As for the pumpgun, It's not bad. I kind of cheated a bit though and increased the firerate to 1.7 though lol. fires like an assaultshotgun :S
Use a laser mod and your clip/reload mods for it. The reloading is what makes it good since it's so fast.

I'd play until you get to an allegiance choice. World Corp is fun IMO it's cool to be the bad guy for once.

Last edited by Captain_Destro: 11-02-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Hivomnomnom

Alright well I'll do this work and such and then I'll give it another try but honestly thusfar it's boring.

PS: How do I get the Pistol for the HDTP stuff in the actual game? I'd love that. And if I could do it with Shifter's Magnum(same model as pistol, more power, louder) as well?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Captain_Destro

Quote:
Alright well I'll do this work and such and then I'll give it another try but honestly thusfar it's boring.

PS: How do I get the Pistol for the HDTP stuff in the actual game? I'd love that. And if I could do it with Shifter's Magnum(same model as pistol, more power, louder) as well?
The Pistol/Sniper Rifle isn't included in the HDTP demo yet but the next release of HDTP should be complete. replacing it wouldn't be tough if you are familiar with unreal editor.

Last edited by Captain_Destro: 11-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Hivomnomnom

I'm hating the way that when you pull out a gun everyone goes "OMG PLZ NO" and some people turn hostile.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Captain_Destro

It's common sense to keep guns sheathed in public areas. Have you really played DX or Human Revolution? They will see you as a threat if you pull a weapon in certain areas. Pull out a gun in the free clinic for example in Deus Ex People will run away and panic.

let me guess... Zero and Kylie shot you up? lol..

Last edited by Captain_Destro: 11-03-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Hivomnomnom

Not in my DX they didn't care.

HR you only got different voice lines:
Poeh-leese: PUDDITAWAYSIR
Civilian: Put that weapon away!
Female civilian: BE CAREFUL, YOU'RE GOING TO HURT SOMEONE!
Gangster: Hide it, aug. Or I ain't talking to you!
Greg Thorpe: W-whatever I've done I-I apologize!

etc. etc.

No one shot you in the face or said "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" unless you spoke to them.

Yeah, Kylie shot me in the bar. I shot back a lot--a LOT, and I couldn't kill her. People that are unkillable due to story stuff? I could only think of a handful in Deus Ex, most of which becoming killable later. Or I might not have tried hard enough.

Last edited by Hivomnomnom: 11-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
Captain_Destro

No Guns means no guns lol.. read the sign :/

If you must though..
Taser Jackie and KO her.. Or kill her silently if you are a jerk.

Get the cutscene with Zero/Kylie and wait for him to walk away. Follow him and Prod then kill him. Just be out of sight.

Then prod Kylie and Shotgun her in the head. everyone else should panic. But they won't attack you.

Also you can kill the Karate dude and get some augs, Loot the back room for a service pistol and some sabot rounds in the bouncer's locker.

I can't really see that as a legit complaint. I believe in hell's Kitchen when you pull out a gun Jock and the bartender go hostile and people panic. Anyone who has played DX should know this at least. I'll be blunt I mean if you pull a weapon out in a real bar what do you expect to happen :S

Kylie/Zero/Jackie all have augs though so they are tough once hostile.

Last edited by Captain_Destro: 11-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
Hivomnomnom

But some weapons shouldn't initiate hostility.

*pulls out a spork*

Kylie: I'LL GET YOU YOU GOD DAMN GOODY TWO SHOES

Me: What..?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
Captain_Destro

Quote:
But some weapons shouldn't initiate hostility.

*pulls out a spork*

Kylie: I'LL GET YOU YOU GOD DAMN GOODY TWO SHOES

Me: What..?

ROFL you have a point there.
Want to know something funnier? if you have shifter try smoking some ciggs.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Hivomnomnom

In TNM? Alrighty then.

And especially because I was taking a spork out INSIDE A BAR THAT SERVES FOOD.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
Captain_Destro

Quote:
In TNM? Alrighty then.

And especially because I was taking a spork out INSIDE A BAR THAT SERVES FOOD.
Maybe the mods made anti spork laws due to cultists fighting in the street. really idk ;/

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series