Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Ghostbusters

Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #31
Shadow_Man_PW

I've used my Xbox controller to see if it's any better than the keyboard+mouse combo and I have to say it's the exact same. Vertical movement with the controller is much slower than with the horizontal movement. It's absolutely horrible to play with that too. It's times like these that I wish I was actually able to play console games, just so I wouldn't have to go through this crap. Unfortunately, I have basic standards that even multimillion dollar companies can't seem to reach and I'm stuck with a slight fix for this game (setting the horizontal movement to about 25%-40% and the vertical movement to 100%). It seems fun and all but I can't help but think that pc users are being screwed by companies who just don't care. I don't want to buy another game from the creators of this one (even tho it seems fun) on the principal that they haven't done it right and the only thing I can think is that they will put even less money into this in the future because I'm not going to buy the next game ( by "I" I mean the people who think like me and makes up several hundred game sales).
Shadow_Man_PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #32
Foulplay

Im really jarateed off with the mouse 'support' in this game. I figured out that the huge mouse accelleration happens when the draw distance increases drastically, so if you are in a long thin corridor and looking at the walls to your left and right the mouse works, but when you look down the far ends in front and behind the pointer moves about 10x faster than before. Its totally broken and I'm refusing to try and get used to such crap coding.

Its a shame because its such a fundamentally game breaking bug its ruining what should be quite a fun experience!

I also had to immediately go into the mouse sensitivity settings and ramp up the vertical sensitivity because I had to move the mouse about 10 feet just to look at the ceiling!

Im amazed nobody complained about this in the testing phase!

Last edited by Foulplay: 06-26-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Foulplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
MADDOGGE

You could try this suggestion from Ciaos. Post number 8.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1050401

I haven't tried it myself because I like my controller for this game.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #34
phr33ky

I had trouble with this first starting off, but I switched the vertical sensitivity way high and it works just fine...
phr33ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #35
Syncourt

Mouse controls are almost identical to one of the first N64 emulators. Just a simple rebind from joystick to mouse. Pretty poor really...
Syncourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #36
Fragminion

Yeah. Doing this with a mouse,and keyboard almost requires about 4 more fingers.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #37
wazups 2x

The mouse controls are by far the worst I've ever encountered in a game. It has a mix of mouse acceleration, negative mouse acceleration, and mouse smoothing. As soon as I started playing I had to quit. It's terrible. I should have read up on this game before I bought it. Oh well, it was only 5 dollars.
wazups 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
Streaks

Finished this game. Loved it even if the game is too quick to finish!...and then there's the control issues.

Would have played it a second time if not for the control issues. (Does the highest difficulty level add more ghosts to battle, or does it just make them more powerful and the good guys easier to kill?)

If only the controls weren't so messed up (mine has a horizontal movement issue, especially in places in the game with long distances like long hallways and corridors. The movement just speeds up to the point of stupidity.

To conclude the control issues: Its a NASTY annoying frustrating combination of too much subtle movement and ridiculous jerky speediness.

This would have been perfect, really, if not for the control issues. They MUST make a patch, seriously.

That, and multiplayer would be great, and some single player DLCs...oh yeah!

Love the new proton packs. Egon and Ray should really make some sort of armor to protect them against spooks throwing stuff at them. Heck, a bicycle helmet purchase option to up some sort of armor/defense level would be a great help for starters.

Last edited by Streaks: 04-14-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Streaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #39
Nails077

One thing I noticed helped a lot was to lock the framerate to 30. Yeah it does get a bit choppier, but that is at least preferable to having your aim move a completely random distance each time you move the mouse that has nothing to do with how far you actually move it.
Nails077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Ghostbusters