Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising

Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
VincentOroscoe

Unhappy How do you fix the cinematic glitches?

I just bought Advent Rising yesterday, and the first cinematic worked just fine. Every one after that had extremely bad skipping issues.

I tried changing some of the video settings as well, but every time I did it caused my game to crash.

If anyone knows how to fix it, please tell me. I really want to be able to see the cinematics in this game for obvious reasons.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
JackNiko

the company who made the game forced its early release, hence why the graphics you see on high was originally there low settings

originally this was going to be a xbox title that was before release was mid overhaul to be made into a 360 title

so there is about 30 graphical errors, all being the same one, which it causes it to crash or skip a cutscene

the company has since abandoned making any decent games and all the development staff of this game has been moved to other companys etc

the best bet is to play the whole game twice, and look at the cutscenes via youtube
JackNiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Kytseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentOroscoe View Post
I just bought Advent Rising yesterday, and the first cinematic worked just fine. Every one after that had extremely bad skipping issues.

I tried changing some of the video settings as well, but every time I did it caused my game to crash.

If anyone knows how to fix it, please tell me. I really want to be able to see the cinematics in this game for obvious reasons.
As my way of performing my community service for the day, I shall refer you to a fan-patch called Advent Revising. The cliff notes version is that it fixes most, if not all, of the cutscene problems (I'd recommend downloading the full version of the patch to get the most out of it).

http://www.miketyndall.com/setz/Advent%20Revising/
Kytseo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising