Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Ghostbusters

Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Sikon024

Fixes that Might Help

I've spent all my free time this weekend trying to get this game to work. It worked before I took apart my computer for dusting and it system restored(unrelated to the error).

There were 2 different problems.

First: Game Fails to start

Texture Error - (can't render the texture)

Re-downloaded the newest video card drivers and the entire Direct-X compilation pack... And tried many compatibility modes...
(Still didn't work)

Black Screen - Not Responding Error

I saw people talking about audio issues causing problems. I disabled my z cinema speakers and set my monitor speakers format at 44,100Hz (playback devices>advanced tab=Default Format. The Game worked! but through really crappy speakers...

Logitech z cinema speakers only allow 48,000hz format. I spent many hours looking sound driver combos that would unlock the *bleepin* format bar...

THE FIX= plugging the z cinema USB plug into a different USB port area on the MB. I still can't change the format but it works somehow...

Second problem: THE CONTROLS

FIX(with Logitech setpoint or equivalent)

Mouse properties>Set Point Settings= Opens setpoint (if you have Logitech mouse, I’m sure every major manufacturer has an equivalent program)

Open Mouse Game Setting tab> set speed and acceleration to OS implementation(right side of box). Apply.

These fixes won't work for everyone. If this works for you then please save yourself some time...

Last edited by Sikon024: 11-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Ghostbusters