Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #241
vagan

hm- i found that in deus ex you can take down bosses with a few tricks quite fast. some ppl complain about bosses in deus ex hr- but there are many ways to take them down.yes you HAVE to kill them,but its not that hard.i thought it was fun-even if i agree it somehow breaks the flow.not a big deal though.

in e.y.e. the end boss-fight was frenetic and chaotic.only thing i could do was head-shooting from cover.died several times.
not in deus ex- it was quite rewarding to finish the first boss-even if i was angry about being tossed into an fight via cut-scene in the beginning.
vagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #242
Kradath

I had no problem with the bosses at all. Played on the hardest difficulty and only one took me 3 tries.

And I still understand why people say the shooting is bad in DXHR. In my second playthrough now I go guns blazing and the aiming is good, the weapons got a great punch, so where exactly is the problem?
Kradath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #243
lukasaurus

hahahahahaha op you crack me up.
lukasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #244
Elcardil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnole View Post
Been pouring through the reviews and a few things become obvious. If you have played DE: HR please feel free to refute my 6 main points.

When compared to E.Y.E., the negatives for DE: HR are:
  • heavily consolized
  • more linear/less open
  • not as good shooting mechanics and gun gameplay
  • way lighter on RPG features (stats, items, upgrades, etc.)
  • no multiplayer
  • not as many ways to play your character

Ignore the scores and trust your instincts. Agree or not you know it's true. No doubt it will be a fun SINGLEPLAYER shooter, but it just won't scratch that RPG itch. DE: HR will outsell E.Y.E. by a huge margin, but that is mainly due to the voracious appetite of consoletards.

Another comparison courtesy of Gamespy:

Gigantic budget title made by Eidos (Montreal/France) - 80%

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-3-u...1189589p1.html

Indie game made by 10 guys in France - 80%

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/eye/1185987p1.html
The only points that I don't really agree with are that the shooting and gun gameplay are much the same.

Also, the point about RPG features. Deus Ex has always been light on RPG features so it's a bit of a skewed point.

One other thing about Deus Ex is that it almost forces you to use stealth. If you try to gun and run you run out of ammo very quickly and either have to reload the game or go stealth and use take-downs at one every 30 seconds or so, once every 20 seconds at best and that doesn't help at all if there are more than one or two enemies close together. You have to 100% head shot to come close to retaining enough ammo.

I've just started playing E.Y.E. yesterday and I'm liking it better already. Not that I think Deus Ex : HR was bad, I just think E.Y.E. is better.
Elcardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #245
vagan

1 point for e.y.e. !
Old 09-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #246
dRed_Devilb

Still, after reading all of the comments, one question about the OP remains for me: Not sure if stupid or just trolling.

The comparisons you make make no sense at all. And saying that EYE destroys DXHR? Really? Now both games are supposed to be put in a pit, in a fight to the death? For all it's worth, I think EYE is a crappy game, still needing a lot of work, while DX got out all polished and pretty. Am I going to say that DX is better than EYE, and destroys EYE? No, because, as anyone should know, opinions are like a'holes, everybody has one.

If there's something to be learned here, is that games should be launched ONLY when the developers are sure that the game can stand on his own, and is relatively bug free (note that I said "relatively", and not "completely").

All I'm seeing here, aside from people with some common sense not even try to compare both games, is diehard fans from both sides. Even worse, diehard fans saying one game destroys the other. One side claims that DX being an AAA game, is better than EYE in this and that, and the other side claims that EYE, being made by an indie developer, has a better RPG feel to it, because of X and Y details. Each game has it's ups and downs, let's leave it at that.

Now, on a personal opinion, you all taking it for what it's worth to you, EYE didn't really strike it for me... I can't bring myself to like it. Even more after reading some of the bugs people have been experiencing. If they ever get corrected, I'll consider buying it. Until that happens, I'm not going to spend money on a game that's going to give me problems eventually.

Just my two cents on a, as I see it, worthless discussion. Please just close this topic, and go on with your lives playing what you want and being happy with it.
dRed_Devilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #247
vagan

i agree- this thread makes the whole community around e.y.e. look like idiots.
but well-let the kids play i say.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #248
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcardil View Post
The only points that I don't really agree with are that the shooting and gun gameplay are much the same.

Also, the point about RPG features. Deus Ex has always been light on RPG features so it's a bit of a skewed point.

One other thing about Deus Ex is that it almost forces you to use stealth. If you try to gun and run you run out of ammo very quickly and either have to reload the game or go stealth and use take-downs at one every 30 seconds or so, once every 20 seconds at best and that doesn't help at all if there are more than one or two enemies close together. You have to 100% head shot to come close to retaining enough ammo.

I've just started playing E.Y.E. yesterday and I'm liking it better already. Not that I think Deus Ex : HR was bad, I just think E.Y.E. is better.
Just finished the first mission in Detroit. Saved the hostages and capped the guy at the end. I have noticed it does force stealth and headshots for ammo conservation. I loot every body I can but I'm not sure the game gives enough ammo for "run & gun". At least in EYE you can run & gun and choose from 3 different levels of armor. That said I can still see the quality in DEHR. Still love EYE though.

I've updated my OP to reflect my time playing DEHR so far.

Last edited by jpnole: 09-05-2011 at 12:06 PM.
jpnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #249
vagan

you could think about changing the name of this thread.
the classic vs. would be friendlier,dont you think?
no offense jpnole! just an suggestion.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #250
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagan View Post
you could think about changing the name of this thread.
the classic vs. would be friendlier,dont you think?
no offense jpnole! just an suggestion.
I would but the Steam forum doesn't allow you to change thread titles.
jpnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #251
Valdorganos

Quote:
I've updated my OP to reflect my time playing DEHR so far.
Right be cold, assume your blunts, that's the way to do it.

It's good to have update but it's too soon believe me, play only first mission after introduction mission is far to be enough.

In my opinion DXHR has an uneven quality, this is also right for EYE but in DXHR it's more uneven.

Quote:
...heavily consolized (OK OK maybe not so much)
It is heavily consolized but on most consolized elements it works fine. An example, the huge characters of some elements of the interface is a clear consolization. Usually the price of this on PC is too feel there's a lost of place for nothing, but in case of DXHR the whole interface is very well organized so it's fine anyway.

Also on many consolized elements it's just a very minor disturbance, for example some menus don't react always well but overall it's quite ok. Or many scrolls are far to be pleasant but using the wheel make them fine on PC. A last example, in some lists select an element is done by moving the mouse over it, it's not working well but it generates only minor nuisances.

But there's also many elements that feel very PC, like the huge complicated maps.

Quote:
...more linear/less open (well levels are pretty big, but I wouldn't say open)
Two way to see this, either you really mean open, then EYE maps aren't really open too, just their scale tend be bigger. But in term of structure complexity and alternate paths, DXHR maps tend be more complex from a significant margin. You need play more the game to have a better overview of that.

Quote:
...not as good shooting mechanics and gun gameplay (I still think this)
For me too it's an evidence and from a large margin.

Quote:
[*]way lighter on RPG features (stats, items, upgrades, etc.) (definitely)
I doubt you'll continue quote that in that way after to have play more the game ie the part after first mission.

What's debatable is that what class system is deeper, but overall DXHR is quite more RPG because a RPG isn't only a class system, but also a world, a focus on exploration and some more elements.

Quote:
...not as many ways to play your character (still up for debate - though DEHR forces stealth and headshots to conserve ammo. You can run & gun better in EYE due to the 3 levels of armor and toggleable stealth cloak)
That point is a complicated one. For me my current feeling is despite DXHR offer some ways to play pure infiltration that don't have EYE, the shooting isn't good enough to be a good alternative of a separate paths. Use shooting in some parts to change from an infiltration approach is definitely an option in the game. But the shooting seems to me not good enough to allow use it as a full alternative. But perhaps I haven't dig enough the shooting.

To quote some other elements I consider better in EYE:
  • The graphic and architecture style of EYE is weird and hit the mind, not pretty but with much more character than graphics and architectures in DXHR. That said I don't consider DXHR is doing a bad job in that area. Some places lack of style and there's some tendency to be more conventional, but quite many places have a real style, and that most places are elegant is a different approach which is a good point too. I still consider EYE better on this point.
  • It's a sort of paradoxical point of view, but for me the story and lore is much better in EYE. The writing could be amateurish and the amount of story and lore elements not important and with a low density, but it's just strong Cyberpunk and nice lore, and weird but fascinating story. In comparison DXHR is just a solid job with a very professional writing alas only mildly interesting, sometimes more interesting but on too many elements just tedious or even sometimes boring. The main story is ok, the stories of secondary missions are perhaps a bit better, the multiple NPC dialogs in street are well done, the radio is cool and with ton of elements, and the TV is good but too few elements involving too much repetition. But plenty ebooks provide a lore tedious to read, sometimes totally boring, only some are interesting to read. Computers and epads provide elements that are more story related and less lore related, at best only half are interesting to read. And the whole lack of Cyberpunk strength.

EDIT: By itself this feature is just a huge point of EYE, the research, it's a mechanism mixing an excellent way to increase the lore, to throw a bit of playing suspense and a mechanism to increase player curiosity, it's a very nice way to provide intriguing elements and to manage drops rewards, and some more.

Last edited by Valdorganos: 09-05-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Valdorganos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #252
diogo_cme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorganos View Post

Because when you wrote X is a better game than Y it's always something subjective.
Not subjective - look at the production values, the atention to detail, the careful design in every aspect of the product, the calibre of the development team and the support team....TASTE is subjective. Quality is not.

Deus EX is a quality (very high quality) game. EYE is not. EYE has sounds from.....Half-Life2. That's low quality, low production values.

Oh yeah, and EYE was dropped by the developers...while Deus EX keeps getting updates.

diogo_cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #253
Zurpan'

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorganos View Post
In comparison DXHR is just a solid job with a very professional writing
Not really. DXHR's story was an amateur piece of , the sort of thing I would expect from Modern Warfare or similar blockbusters where story is unimportant.
Zurpan' is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy