Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Empires V

Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
burkhjoe

Sharing Techs

I am having an issue here. I created two Human players to see how trading, gifts and alliances work. I am doing quite well getting everything to work out. But when I try to gift temporal Techs to the second Human player it is not working. Also tried sharing it though the alliance I made. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you

Old 02-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
SmilinWolf

Special Tech branches, Temporaral, etc cant be gifted unless you pay for it when creating your empire race.
SmilinWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
burkhjoe

Thank you, I will take this to also apply if I conquer a Planet of a different race with these special tech right?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
ThyReaper

Blind Mind Studios
Captured populations only differ in reproduction rates - they won't give any special advantages, or access to their race's specific technologies.
ThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Esperologist

So, the alliance option of 'share all technologies (including race specific)' really means 'share all technologies (including race specific) if the race actually has access to that technology'.

The lack of real explanations of things in game and in the manual drive me insane. For example, the Contra engines add +1 movement... but only if all the engines on the ship are Contra. However, that is not stated in the game itself... or the manual. I realized it right away, when I tried to upgrade a ship by swapping out just one engine, but being told would have been nice.
Esperologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Empires V