Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The

Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #91
angrykenji

5 button mice help a lot
angrykenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #92
MattGo74

That would just make it harder likely. I'd have to think a couple seconds to remember which button was which - not that that isn't the case now.
MattGo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #93
ShatterState

Quote:
Originally Posted by flava_clown View Post
would it help to use a 5 button mouse? i have the cqc on the right mouse button, melee on the upper-thumb-button, grab on the middle button and aiming on the lower-thumb-button... makes things easier.

also like hideinlight said already, executions are what brings health back. though since the patch it should be also possible to survive in EASY with weapons only. however some "raged" enemies and some with armor are really difficult to kill with weapons, the best there is to use cqc...

that's what they tried, by listening to all the feedback. and there were quite some people complaining how hard the game is.
imagine you make a game, you are happy with, you release it and then come to the forum to see all the complaining, all the harsh posts. we (complainers) kinda forced them to such a move.

now give them some time to rebalance the game and to fix the bugs you were talking about. instead of bashing, maybe come up with some good ideas how to make the game and the game balance better. report the bugs you find with as much info possible.

a little bit less hate wouldn't hurt...

Personally I don't care either way games come and go. Giving into stupidity doesn't go away. This game made a bold statement and retracted it because people couldn't read the instructions. Which I skimmed through it got a good idea of how it goes with in a min or 2 and started playing. I noticed the yellow stuns and the red enraged guys are super easy just run up and kill them with a knife. No. These players cant do it. They cant learn to play a new game. They cant tolerate the fact that they need to learn a new trick now and than. Yeah the blame is mostly on the wimpy player base who are too intellectually lazy or just plan stupid.
The problem I have with this game company is it gives into stupidity. The game was hard. NOT IMPOSSIBLE. You should only fix the difficulty if the game is impossible to beat. It clearly wasn't.
Only out one week and you all think you can learn it in a week. That is stupid in its self. very immature too btw. Also instead of giving into kids who are immature and if you adults had a problem with it... yeah... I feel bad for you. I am not just hating on this because of no reason I am hating on it because it really isn't good behavior and limits my species greatly. Well just like the rest of the world. I guess the real reason behind me doing this is gaming my disconnect from the world that is so ing dumb beyond dumb.. Numbing cant wait till the rides over. BTW genocide this past two weeks more people died in one week than during whole holocaust. Thanks mostly because of my government. Not to mention no one around me does their job right inside and out side of my business.(I blame the colleges pumping out these flunkies they mostly paid for grades and boy it shows.. ales that is topic for anther day.) I Think it is my last year of gaming. If they really wanted to make money and expand that is their plan right? They would realized The biggest gaming consumer market are 25-40 year old. The games these days were not meant for children anyways most of them. kids should be building knowledge on responsibility and really getting an idea and a handle of the out side world sharing ideas with friends stuff I did as a kid. Than you grow up and apply that knowledge and well your life slows down. Welcome to the real world.
what erks me the most is non of you GET IT. Kids these days. Whats even sadder than that kids? There are adults here who still don't get it.
ShatterState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #94
MattGo74

I'm probably older than you. I'll be 38 in early January. I want games to be way easier. I haven't seen a game made in the last decade that was anything other than several million times more difficult than I'd like. I only ask they include an option where someone the hardcore people would consider "utterly incompetent at games" could beat the entire level within a week. Back in the day the controls were 1 joystick and 1 button. You didn't need a photographic memory to remember the controls. Even in the 80s when there were games with keyboard controls they included something called a "keyboard overlay" ( piece of cardboard you literally placed over the keyboard) so you could LOOK and know what button did what (and the games like that were much slower paced so you could actually look and do what needed done and not within a second or 2.) Is it too much to ask that they make games that someone like me can get past the first level on the easiest setting? Hell, plenty of modern games I can't get past the TUTORIAL!

Last edited by MattGo74: 11-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #95
MattGo74

Hell, why not put a really complex way of setting difficulty that you can set it to "someone who has never played a video game in their life will almost certainly beat the game on this level the first time they play" all the way to "probably nobody will ever beat the game on this setting." There's way too much difficulty in actual life. Why would you want it in a game?

Last edited by MattGo74: 11-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #96
angrykenji

Matt, i recommend you look at Hard Reset. i guess i would say it has old-school FPS mechanics (from the Quake 2 days) with really cool weapons and high-res graphics.

no multiplayer, though

Last edited by angrykenji: 11-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.
angrykenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #97
Hellstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicutioner View Post
I agree with this completely, people are to used to noob-friendly games these days. The devs intended this to seem hard at first, but easy once mastered.
lol saw this vid today, made me sad :-p but its quite the reallity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
Hellstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:47 AM   #98
hideinlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGo74 View Post
Hell, why not put a really complex way of setting difficulty that you can set it to "someone who has never played a video game in their life will almost certainly beat the game on this level the first time they play" all the way to "probably nobody will ever beat the game on this setting." There's way too much difficulty in actual life. Why would you want it in a game?
Here's the perfect game for you.

http://www..com/portal/view/495903

Type in in place of those hearts.

I hate steam forums..."new grounds"
hideinlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #99
Runkelkrug

Quote:
I'm probably older than you. I'll be 38 in early January. I want games to be way easier. I haven't seen a game made in the last decade that was anything other than several million times more difficult than I'd like. I only ask they include an option where someone the hardcore people would consider "utterly incompetent at games" could beat the entire level within a week. Back in the day the controls were 1 joystick and 1 button. You didn't need a photographic memory to remember the controls. Even in the 80s when there were games with keyboard controls they included something called a "keyboard overlay" ( piece of cardboard you literally placed over the keyboard) so you could LOOK and know what button did what (and the games like that were much slower paced so you could actually look and do what needed done and not within a second or 2.) Is it too much to ask that they make games that someone like me can get past the first level on the easiest setting? Hell, plenty of modern games I can't get past the TUTORIAL!
Agree with that. Even because there is a singleplayer mode. I don't have problems with beating games on hard difficult, but someone who paid for the game and just want to play the singleplayer for a while or even the multiplayer (no stats, so who cares if there is an "very"-easy mode) should be able to play it. I think the best for that game would be a sandbox mode, where people can chose how high the difficult is
Runkelkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #100
hideinlight

I just hope that when a very easy mode is created, people will still host most multi-player games on easy at least. Or else things will get real boring online.
hideinlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #101
sereaI

Quote:
Hell, plenty of modern games I can't get past the TUTORIAL!
to say such thing makes me believe you are indeed a minority with your wish to get an "easy easy easy mode"... as I am pretty sure "plenty of modern games" received some degree of play-test to hit the general "difficulty level" their audience is capable of...

so.. while you'r problem might be an honest issue for you(and not a troll one which is not a to uncommon thing in the SPUF).. you don't display the broader audience this game is targeted at.. and should maybe just move on to something.. more adequately suited for your video-game experience.
sereaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #102
Euclix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
It's not max monster size that influenced the difficult. It's the max mob size (from 8+ 1PerRound to 5 + 1PerRound), how many monsters can go after you at that affects it. Barely went over 100 anyways in hard, but when you did game started to lag.

I still have the old ini. If you want a similar challenge to the previous hard mode just try my Challenge config.
I think it was both. If monsters populated every corner of the map, there was no where to hide. Max mob size is important too though.
Euclix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #103
gashadokuro

welp easy way to solve op's problem is to delete the game, play another.
gashadokuro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The