Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
Victorspain

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis007 View Post
of course i understand, but people who wants to report send full evidence and proof. Value doesn't want our help? because it's too much of a problem. cause we could say this and that or not enough evidence?
Of course they don't want your help. Who are you mr. important? a random guy in the forums. They are experts, people who earns their life doing what they do, and they perform like the best ones.

They won't do anything against the guy you reported for tooooooo many reasons. I'll list a few.
1. You could have faked the "proofs".
2. It's highly noneffective (and stupid) to study case by case.
3. They only study the hacks directly and make them detectable and banable, not people files of demos.
4. They have tons of request like yours. In total they have like 30 millions of users who play regularly, guess how many randoms like you are out there.
5. There are tons of cheats out there, they won't WASTE time with you stupid "petition". They have more important things to do.
6. They wait to ban as many cheaters as they can. Just like police does with drugs contraband.
7. do you really want more reasons?

Last edited by Victorspain: 11-14-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
gotthisfortf2

Banned
Doesn't VAC take a while to ban to get as many hackers using the same hack to get as many as possible?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #18
NabsterHax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotthisfortf2 View Post
Doesn't VAC take a while to ban to get as many hackers using the same hack to get as many as possible?
This.

VAC is primarily a system to punish cheaters. Until then, you're just going to have to live with them... or disconnect and find a new server.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
oicomovaivoce

There is only one thing that I've heard in another thread here that is by far the best: VAC + Server admins = 1% chance that someone is hacking in that server. No one, not even VAC, can stop cheaters without server admins online. Only great "rage ban" systems like in black ops and global agenda.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
WVRockstar

There is no use trying to have a conversation on the Steam forums about VAC. Too many Hammer Legion Members here. Check out my last thread. I've already been told to stop having a tantrum and to stop flaming when all I'm trying to do is have a conversation about the negative side effects of MW3 using VAC. You can't win, bro.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
oicomovaivoce

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRockstar View Post
There is no use trying to have a conversation on the Steam forums about VAC. Too many Hammer Legion Members here. Check out my last thread. I've already been told to stop having a tantrum and to stop flaming when all I'm trying to do is have a conversation about the negative side effects of MW3 using VAC. You can't win, bro.
What is that hammer legion? Can you explain please? o.O
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicomovaivoce View Post
What is that hammer legion? Can you explain please? o.O
A disciple of Valve.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
Darkie1337

The issue with VAC and MW3 is because it does not have dedicated servers**. Dedicated servers are there so server admins can ban the hackers who have possibly been flagged by VAC but not banned yet.

This is just a repeat of MW2 and Infinity Ward genuinely do not give a crap about PC gamers.

** = Unranked Dedicated servers - nearly everyone is going to play on ranked servers so they can level up and get the new guns. Maybe in a few months unranked will become popular but I really don't see MW3 with "dedicated servers" as they promised.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #24
ShaDoW313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkie1337 View Post
but I really don't see MW3 with "dedicated servers" as they promised.
because ther put the servers too down int the menu and no one get in.Servers are mostly emty because people done know how to get in i learned it 2 days ago a friend tell me to how anyway another problem is i cant connect them :S
Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #25
Velocirapt0r

Valve anti cheat is probably the best anti cheat out there, and i know.When i was younger i used an ''undetectable'' cheat and it found me and vac banned me for ever, i was able to cheat for 3 days i think but then i got what was coming to me, so now i know that its state-of-the art.So no valve doesnt need user reported proofs and i dont think it has the time to read annoying material like that.
EDIT:the hacker will get whats coming to him and you need to stop complaining, valve isnt banning him but vac will, or just find the admin of the server and ask him, no use coming here.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRockstar View Post
Considering your topic thread was worded in a highly inflammatory and trolling way, it is no surprise that you were not given much credence.

Quote:
Any plans on keeping VAC up-to-date for MW3 and letting it kick/ban hackers immediately or are you guys going to let it turn into a complete clusterfink like MW2 was? I know you guys enjoy waiting 4 months before ever actually doing anything to hackers because they may find out why they were banned (Protip: They already know. They're not that stupid.), but I believe it's high time you started acting like VAC was an anti-cheat instead of an alternative way to sell extra copies of games on Steam.
If you wanted to have a reasoned discussion about VAC and it's shortcomings, starting a topic thread like that was not the way to do it. So yes you were told to stop trolling. Because that's what you were doing.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
hogrodeoclown

The only people that get VAC banned are those using their own personal firewalls to prevent cheaters from playing on the game they are hosting....i.e....being the PRIVATE server

Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #28
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogrodeoclown View Post
The only people that get VAC banned are those using their own personal firewalls to prevent cheaters from playing on the game they are hosting....i.e....being the PRIVATE server
What rubbish MW3 has dedicated servers as well and server admins, so yes you can ban.

Code:
/login - To login to Rcon
/logout - To logout of Rcon
/kickclient [player id] - This will kick a player according to its ID (given with the /status command).
/kick [player name] - This will do the same as the /clientkick command, but this command requires the player's name. 
However, some names are very difficult to enter (with colour codes etc.), thats why the /clientkick commands is easier in use. 
You can use 'all' as player name, this will kick all players from the server.

/drop - unknown
/dropclient - unknown
/tempBanClient [player id] - This will temporary ban a player using the player's ID. The length of a temporary ban can be changed in the server configuration file.
/tempBan [player name] - This will temporary ban a player using the player's name.
/ban [player name] - This command does the same as the /banclient command. 
/banClient [player id] - This command will ban a player according to its ID. The player's GUID will be added to ban.txt.
However, this requires you to fill in the player's name, it is therefore advised to use the /banclient command (names can be long or contain colour codes).

/unban [player name] - This will unban a user according to the player's name.
/gameopt - Rcon command specific to MW3, can be used to set variables from Recipe
/serverinfo - This command shows the server settings and configurations.
/status - This shows information about the connected players. This includes the client ID, score, ping, GUID, name and IP address. The ID and name can be used for the following commands.
/dumpuser [player name] - This will give information about the player.
/map_restart - This will restart the current map.
/fast_restart - This will restart the current map just like /map_restart but is much faster as it will not load the map again. It will just restart the map.
/map [map name] - This will load the given map.
/killserver - As the name says, it will shut your server down.
/map_rotate - This will load the next map of the rotation. This is set in the 'sv_maprotation' file on your server.
/set - This command can se used to set variables, like: set <variable> <value>

RCON usage

It is very likely that you are not playing at the same location (IP address) as your server is. Thats where we use RCON (= remote control) commands for.
Using RCON is very easy, just add '/rcon ' in front of the commands above (removing the '/' of those commands). But before you can use RCON, you will have to login:

/rcon login <password> - Fill in the password of the server and you can use RCON commands.

Examples of RCON commands:

/rcon map mp_paris
/rcon status
/rcon banclient 5
Old 11-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #29
BS_Reports

Banned
mw3 has unranked dedicated servers so nobody plays on them. people want to rank up especially now will the game being new so the servers sit mostly empty and cheaters are running as rampant as they were in mw2
Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #30
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_Reports View Post
mw3 has unranked dedicated servers so nobody plays on them. people want to rank up especially now will the game being new so the servers sit mostly empty and cheaters are running as rampant as they were in mw2
But you have a choice at least not like MW3.

If you choose to stay in a server with cheats, thats your choice.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion