Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jurassic Park: The Game

Old 11-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
electrorenan

So... how this game is like?

The only game based on Jurassic Park franchise I ever played is Operation Genesis, which was pretty good... But this one looks very different. Should I try it?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
acecrisp

Jurassic Park games

Dont know yet how the new one is

but best one ive ever played was Jurassic Park Trespasser.

You play a lady named Ann who's plane crashes in Site B obviously some great time after the movie events.

Im playing it again this week.

great game
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
joemagiv

You better love quicktime events because that's like 85% of the gameplay.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
electrorenan

Quote:

I'll be better looking for Sonic Generations then...
electrorenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
SummerMadness

that's why I don't like, that there aren't more any demos out there You want to test/try the game and see if it works on your pc in a good way: but no
SummerMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemagiv View Post
thats what i was afraid of...

what is the rest of the game like, out of curiosity?
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
joemagiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by abort_user View Post
thats what i was afraid of...

what is the rest of the game like, out of curiosity?
Full Disclosure: I loved the BTTF games and I love adventure games, I have no prejudice against developer or genre. I have also only played 40-50 minutes of it.

It's weird, there's a very light puzzle/communication aspect to it all. You have no direct control over your character's movement. I want to repeat that, you have NO DIRECT CONTROL over your character's movement. You can move between rooms and locations but not within them. You have to scan around the scenario looking for whatever object or trigger to click on that will move the story along. I know they like to use the adspeak to the effect of "it's like you're playing a movie" or something like that but I really don't feel like I'm interacting, just finding the button that moves the story ahead.

There's no real inventory, puzzles involve you manipulating something in the immediate vicinity like moving a spotlight to light the path you need to walk down.

All the action sequences are just quicktime events (and 30-40 minutes in they aren't particularly good). You get a medal for each sequence of QTE, it starts at gold (for a perfect pass) and then gets knocked down to silver and bronze as you make mistakes.

The graphics and human models are pretty blah, the dinosaurs look ok but not stunning, and this could be just my machine but every time the camera changes shot (which happens A LOT) the graphics and audio stutters.

The story seems interesting enough, it's all set parallel to the events of JP (think LOTR: The Third Age) but I'm just not having fun yet. I will probably still play it to completion just to see the rest of the story but calling this "The Game" just doesn't seem like a fair assessment of the product.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemagiv View Post
snip
thank you. i dont think its going to be my kind of game. i normally like everything ive played by TellTale. i guess nobodys perfect.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
ace2020boyd

Im actually enjoying the game the the First Episode seemed a little shot but the second episode is a bit more promising and it has a puzzle. Im a Huge fan of adventure games, Telltale and Heavy Rain so the game play doesn't bother me that much. Overall the game is good. I think
ace2020boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
MADDOGGE

That's a shame. I really liked BTTF and hoped something similar with dinosaurs for this game, though I already knew there would be some QTE from pre-production. Need a demo.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
RSHabroptilus

I shot through the first two episodes. I thought the first started off a tad rocky (largely until I fixed the graphics and audio probs) and just, ugh, clumsy, but picked up nicely and was pretty darn excitin'. Took me about 2 hours to complete, which was shorter than TT's usual episodes and shorter than they had led on--but I figgered what the hay, that's not a bad length for one ep.

Ep 2 was half of that. :| And seemed like it was 70% padding. I'm a little confused on why the roller coaster segment was in the game. It's a nice idea to have something theme park-y in it, but they could have done a better job incorporating it rather than sticking it randomly in the middle of a thick tropical rainforest as a brief-yet-drawn-out set piece for QTE padding. Not sure I really like the inclusion of the mercenary-type characters, neitha. And Sorkin's kind of an idiot--at least her ecological opinions are pretty stupid and juvenile for someone of her background. /biogeographer. I also liked that Harding referred to the Jurassic period as an era. /geologist

I hope the next two eps are a little longer than the second, at least....
RSHabroptilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #12
JJ509

I was seconds away from buying this game. Then I looked around on a couple forums and now I see all the issues and gripe people are having with this game. I wait till a patch comes out to purchase this or maybe it will be on sale around Christmas time
JJ509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
Glahardt

Plays almost exactly like Heavy Rain.
Glahardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #14
EnterHavoc

Maybe I should have done more research, but I assumed this would be more than quicktime events, followed by a segment in which you move your mouse over to the big ? and then click. Because, after an hour of gameplay, that is literally the only non-QTE part I've seen.

Not to mention the game is buggy right now, and it's real fun to fail a QTE purely because the game's visuals have frozen up.

I'd rather they let us actually have some puzzles rather than just putting big signs over anything that we need to click.

It's like you take heavy rain and then remove anything that made it good.
EnterHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #15
Kertins

I would say don't get this game... it's terrible. music is all mismatch full of bugs and cheesy acting.

To change the resolution I had to load very other res to get to 1680/1050 and there is alot of res options before 1680/1050
Kertins is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jurassic Park: The Game