Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series

Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
nick666war

Question Achievements?

I am confused as to whether the steam version of Devil May Cry 4 has windows live and achivements, i have found some sites that mention it does: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Li...4_Achievements
This site says there is a pc only achivement worth 0G. Can somone please clear this up for me, DOES THE PC VERSION HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS (steam or otherwise)? I thought all games for windows had windows live implemented. It says on the steam pag for DMC4 that it is games for windows: "Compatible with Games for Windows, DirectX 9 and DirectX 10."
Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
WarLokk1980

I just bought this game today and I can confirm that it is Games for Windows. Therefore it will not have achievements included with the game. Only Games for Windows LIVE titles have this feature such as DiRT2, F1 2010, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2. Other titles that include the Games for Windoows branding without LIVE functionality can sometimes use Steamworks and therefore include Steam achievements. Titles that have this are The Last Remnant, Metro 2033Fallout: New Vegas amongst others. Also the link you provided is totally incorrect or has been copied from the Xbox 360 version of the game so don't believe everything you read on the internet (feel free to investigate what I have said, you will find it to be the truth!). I hope this helps you.
WarLokk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Asuterisuku

The game DOES have achievements, but they are recorded only onto one's save file within the game, and not to any online server. They are there only to mark your own progress for your own enjoyment/amusement.
Asuterisuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
nick666war

Thanks for the help, and yes the game has achivements of sorts, i found them shortly after posting this, not steam or xbox live, but its own little award screen and in that sence the link was correct as it has the same awards and a few pc exclusives.
nick666war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
JimD

It would be so nice if DMC4 had Steam achievements...
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series