Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #166
Links121995
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 121
Posts: 1,267
You know, I'm not sure I noticed the seam before.

As for other suggestions, I've only recently noticed that the Pyro's Fire Axe is made of wood.
What I don't understand is why I didn't suggest looking at it to get an idea for the tone of the wood in the Tanto.
Links121995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #167
ReznorsRage
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 104
Posts: 266
Ninja Shoes R2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links121995 View Post
You know, I'm not sure I noticed the seam before.
That's because its new. As for the wood. I wanted to make this style of wood stand out different than the axe or the Sandman. Its more of a bamboo than oak...


And the revisions continue. I thought I'd try and push it a little further and add some stitching to the some stitching to the textures too. Not a big change but still a big impact. What do you all think?


Last edited by ReznorsRage: 11-18-2011 at 01:16 PM.
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #168
japanimater
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 544
Posts: 3,178

It's looking better, from the first version it just looked like you took the model of his shoes and modeled around them. That's one of the things to keep in mind that you need to make it visually different from the original but not mess too much with his silhouette from the neck down.

It's just a balance that takes getting used to.

I would recommend taking that stitch that goes across his toe's knuckles and the inverted triangle between it and the two toes and try experimenting with different shades of his team colors. Since it seems the shade of blue you used is that of his baklava mask I would assume you are using the shade of red from the red's mask as well. If that's the case then I might recommend using one of the two shades from their pin-stripe suits, either of the stripes or the primary shade for the aforementioned toe-knuckle seam and inverted triangle.

Part2:

Could you submit the bandana as a hat and the covering of the mouth as a misc? Also since I saw that basic cigarette sticking out I got an idea, could you model a "Japanese Smoking Pipe"(image google the quote to see more sample pics) as a 2nd misc to replace the cigarette? Here are some sample pics.
Basic
Detailed
Ancient?

Last edited by japanimater: 11-22-2011 at 06:58 PM.
japanimater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #169
ReznorsRage
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 104
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanimater View Post
It's looking better, from the first version it just looked like you took the model of his shoes and modeled around them. That's one of the things to keep in mind that you need to make it visually different from the original but not mess too much with his silhouette from the neck down.

It's just a balance that takes getting used to.

I would recommend taking that stitch that goes across his toe's knuckles and the inverted triangle between it and the two toes and try experimenting with different shades of his team colors. Since it seems the shade of blue you used is that of his baklava mask I would assume you are using the shade of red from the red's mask as well. If that's the case then I might recommend using one of the two shades from their pin-stripe suits, either of the stripes or the primary shade for the aforementioned toe-knuckle seam and inverted triangle.

Part2:

Could you submit the bandana as a hat and the covering of the mouth as a misc? Also since I saw that basic cigarette sticking out I got an idea, could you model a "Japanese Smoking Pipe"(image google the quote to see more sample pics) as a 2nd misc to replace the cigarette? Here are some sample pics.
First off, wow! I wish you were around for the whole process. Your comments are dynamite. I want to start off with saying I wont be able to address all of these in the near future. I am finishing up a hat for the Christmas line, have another Spy model I'm working on and just got commissioned to do a TF2 painting in oils. This is on top of my side job and regular job. So, unfortunately I am more than booked for the time being. These are all great ideas that I do want to work through... it may be a while before I can approach all of them.

I like your idea about an alternate for the cigarette using the tobacco pipe. I think the detailed would be best suited as the ivory is a lot of white. It may be an eyesore to have so much white next to the face given that the pip would be larger that the current cig. This will be the first thing I'd tackle when I come back to the pack.

As for the mask, I think that would work pretty well as two peices. The current geo I have was created to match that of the Spy's face and be under the poly constriction, so the mask actually stops at the bandana. Breaking the two apart would work out nicely and keep both of them well under the requirements. I will have to redo some topology to make it work but this should be a quick fix. Again tie permitting.

And the shoes. I do want to work this out since we've already started a creative process here. Glad you like the change. I'll try that out with the seem and triangle tonight, but I am currently at work.

Last edited by ReznorsRage: 11-30-2011 at 12:11 PM.
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #170
Links121995
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 121
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReznorsRage View Post
First off, wow! I wish you were around for the whole process. Your comments are dynamite.
Amen to that.
Links121995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #171
DarkFQ
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 45
Submit it on steam workshop :3
I hope for you it wil be published.
DarkFQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #172
ReznorsRage
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 104
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFQ View Post
Submit it on steam workshop :3
I hope for you it wil be published.
Actually it has been DarkFQ, I'm just re-working the ninja shoes a little and hopefully work on some more stuff in the future. Here's the to vote:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/reznorsrage/mysharedfiles
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #173
TheEvanMouse
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 23
And idea

maybe for the cloak it last for 10 seconds and when you cloak there is a loud bang noise followed buy a big amount of smoke, after that you can run through enemies and even if your shot you will not appear and no damage will be done.
TheEvanMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #174
jpmrocks
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
I'm not much of a spy player, but this is really cool! I like it.
jpmrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #175
HeadSh0tBrent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
Would be cool if this was added along with the new Shogun 2 fall of the samurai game. The Tabi look really good as well.
HeadSh0tBrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #176
ReznorsRage
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 104
Posts: 266
Thanks for all the killer comments and suggestions everyone.

The Ninja Assassin has its own collection now! Check out the pack, give me some comments and rate it up. Set includes items for each slot, overhauling the entire look and feel of the Spy while staying within the contextual style of TF2. Items include:

the Tanto Tickler - tanto blade knife replacement
Hira's Hoshi - ninjastar revolver replacement
the SmokeScreen - smokebomb watch replacement
Master's Scroll - parchment PDA replacement
the Tip Toes - ninja shoe miscelanious item
the Covert Cloak - ninja shroud miscelanious item


http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93300584
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #177
Beez0
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 195
I actually assumed the tip-toes were a sapper replacement that removed footstep sounds and/or made decloak less noisy.
Beez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.