Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Indiana Jones series

Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
hoonatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapse808 View Post
Really? I still have a talkie cd of Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle and Sam N Max

Have a look over at the vintage gaming forums, identify exactly which versions you have and then you can get an idea of what they are worth. You might be surprised how much some of them sell for these days. There are some mad collectors out there who want every different version of these games even if the only difference between another version they already have is that there is a different address for the distributor printed on the box!
http://forums.vintagegaming.org/index.php?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
Roland1999

I love the fact that there are 3 paths to take - a point-and-click with real replay value is pretty sweet. This game is a staple of my childhood.

I have actually been playing it recently on the Wii - it was a free add on in Staff of Kings.
Roland1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #18
Dekertt927

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTrilobite View Post
Fate of Atlantis is ... the best adventure games ever.
Fixed.

10char.
Dekertt927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
bonz

#1 argument for buying:
Indy isn't nuking any fridges.
bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
agentem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaxavier View Post
Seriously, how in the hell was I supposed to know you were going to have to get out of the catacombs, nick a wine bottle, use it on a fountain, go back below, then soften the mud on that torch so you could find out it was a switch? Seriously?
I love the Indy franchise, and I hate point and click adventure games for this reason. Skyrim is an adventure game. Just Cause 2 is an adventure game. Clicking mindlessly between inventory and parts of the canvas, and then giving up and googling the answers to non-intuitive "puzzles" is not an adventure game.
agentem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
graspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaxavier View Post
Seriously, how in the hell was I supposed to know you were going to have to............<snip> Seriously?
Why did you write out in full the solution to that puzzle? People have either played the game and know that, haven't played it and don't want it spoiled, or haven't played it and don't care.

That goes for the guy above me quoting it too.
graspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
agentem

Quote:
Originally Posted by graspee View Post
Why did you write out in full the solution to that puzzle? People have either played the game and know that, haven't played it and don't want it spoiled, or haven't played it and don't care.

That goes for the guy above me quoting it too.
We saved them a google search. You're welcome.
agentem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
placeboing

This is one of my favorite adventure games. I mean, I last played it in the early 90s along with Monkey Island 1 + 2, but I still look back on those 3 games as some of the best games I've ever played.
placeboing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
Ben Affleck

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by placeboing View Post
This is one of my favorite adventure games. I mean, I last played it in the early 90s along with Monkey Island 1 + 2, but I still look back on those 3 games as some of the best games I've ever played.
Look it's DJPlaceboing! Why no new vids man? Regardless, agreed on MI 1&2, they rocked.

Anyhoo, Cheers for the lulz
Ben Affleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
davidfinn1967

Thumbs up It's 1992 all over again.

Today, I noticed with great pleasure that Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis was on deal of the day. Had I known it was available through Steam I would have purchased it long ago. It is a game of fond memories for me.

Back in yesteryear, I worked in a quality control lab for a large computer manufacturer. My first glimpse of the fate of Atlantis was when we were testing a smoking PC with a 1Gb hard drive.

After many oohs and ahhs, we wondered who would ever need such huge amounts of disk space. Anyway, we gathered around the PC to watch Fate of Atlantis being played and be impressed by the gameplay and amazing graphics.

I was so impressed that I ended up purchasing a copy for my brother's Amiga, which came on around 13 floppy disks if I remember correctly and they needed regular swapping. I never got the chance to finish it because I'd moved into my own place.

So tonight I go back 20 years to relive some old memories. I may be gone for some time.

Thanks Steam..
davidfinn1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #26
Ruzgfpegk

For folks who want to use DOSBox or ScummVM to get the old (but better-sounding) music processing back, you only have to extract the ATLANTIS.000 file that was embedded into the "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.exe" engine.

Check this document :
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/Steam...mmVM/indy4.txt

The guy explains how to do it with the "dd" command (available with Linux, but also for Windows with GnuWin32, CoreUtils package, first link of the Download section).

I can confirm it works quite well, except that DOSBox doesn't let you scale back the game to a 4:3 ratio if you have another screen ratio.

Last edited by Ruzgfpegk: 06-21-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
Ruzgfpegk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
Dekertt927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzgfpegk View Post
For folks who want to use DOSBox or ScummVM to get the old (but better-sounding) music processing back, you only have to extract the ATLANTIS.000 file that was embedded into the "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.exe" engine.

Check this document :
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/Steam...mmVM/indy4.txt

The guy explains how to do it with the "dd" command (available with Linux, but also for Windows with GnuWin32, CoreUtils package, first link of the Download section).

I can confirm it works quite well, except that DOSBox doesn't let you scale back the game to a 4:3 ratio if you have another screen ratio.
I don't get it. I download gnuwin but I don't understand where or how the command line is supposed to work.
Dekertt927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #28
Ruzgfpegk

That's not rocket science, but you have to use the Windows Command-Line shell.
By default the binary will be installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin".

Use the Win+R combinaison (or Start/Execute...) and type :
-> cmd
In the black/white window, type (assuming you installed GnuWin32 in the default folder) :
-> cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin"
Then (assuming you installed Steam in G as I did, otherwise change the path to the correct directory) :
-> dd if="G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\indiana jones and the fate of atlantis\Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.exe" of="G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\indiana jones and the fate of atlantis\ATLANTIS.000" bs=1 skip=224336 count=12035
Ruzgfpegk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Indiana Jones series