Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sins of a Solar Empire series > Trinity

Old 11-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Petroph

Multiplayer?

Do any of these games have multiplayer other then LAN? What if i don't have anyone on my friend list that has this game. Am I just supposed to not play MP because they didn't include a server browser in Trinity?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
wrath89

Yes, all Sins games have multiplayer - however, the mislabled "Multiplayer" button misleads many players. The "Multiplayer" button is only for LAN games - for regular multiplayer games over the internet, you have to click the "ICO" button, create an account, and then you can log in and view the main Sins lobby, where you can talk to people and organize games.

Note: Most everyone is on the Diplomacy server. If you're on regular Sins or Entrenchment you won't be seeing many players.
wrath89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Whippersnapper

Just for clarification, the "ICO" button is labeled "Ironclad Online". You'll need to register your CD key with it through the game (I think) and create an account.
Whippersnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Petroph

Ahh ok. I did see that. However everytime I log in I so No players. I would've figured that the nice blue box was a place for all your fiends :P So what kind of "activity" is there? Or Is there somthing wrong with my game?

Last edited by Petroph: 11-22-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Petroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
wrath89

Are you logging in from Diplomacy? You should be seeing 70-150 people online. Even on the Vanilla/Entrenchment servers you should be seeing a few due to the recent Steam bump.

That said, many players online are ingame - you should still be seeing like 5-10 people in the lobby if you're logging in during the more active hours (afternoons and evenings US time).
wrath89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Whippersnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroph View Post
Ahh ok. I did see that. However everytime I log in I so No players. I would've figured that the nice blue box was a place for all your fiends :P So what kind of "activity" is there? Or Is there somthing wrong with my game?
Heh. Make sure you're actually running the Diplomacy version of the game (which is a separate server from Vanilla/Entrenchment). The Vanilla/Entrenchment server is pretty dead but there's lots of action on Diplomacy.

On the very bottom right of your screen it should say "Diplomacy v1.34".
Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Petroph

Ahhh I got it. I just didn't get to post back here cause I was having so much fun :P. I did manage to find everyone. I was stuck at the player screen where you have to create a player for use in Multiplayer :P. But other then that I see it now. And Multiplayer is FTW!!
Petroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
Whippersnapper

I think a number of people have gotten confused by the "Add Player" button. For those who don't know, you click "Add Player" to create a player name for yourself. I think you're then supposed to select that name and click "Use Player".

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sins of a Solar Empire series > Trinity