Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third

Old 11-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
Mighty_Stoner

Can't even Launch Saints row 3

Hey guys can any one help me since the steam support system won't i have had saints row 3 for 3 days now and i can't even play it first install i got a black screen before the title, second install i couldn't get into single player becuase it just ended up loading forever and there was supposably a "patch" for this that either didn't work for me or steam was holding back on it. and the 3rd install i can't even launch saints row 3 now steam says launching and then goes into not respondign and closses itself. any one know of anything that could work i have tried everything i can find on the internet and validate says the files are fine yet steam won't let me play it it just crashes i'm getting sick of this 2 installs ok i wouldn't mind but now 3 evidently its not the game or the "third party developers" its steam that is the issue and i can't find any way to repair steam

Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Mighty_Stoner

so i managed to reinstall of the disc again but i have the loading new campaign issue again. i start a new campaign and it goes into the loading screen but never goes into a new campaign it jsut loads forever does any one have a fix ?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
NitroBullet

HeEeeEy MAN u want SM0KeS????:coo l:
NitroBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Mighty_Stoner

any one know of a way to force steam to update a game i don't think i have got the patch for saints row 3
Old 11-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
KrileonRETURNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Stoner View Post
so i managed to reinstall of the disc again but i have the loading new campaign issue again. i start a new campaign and it goes into the loading screen but never goes into a new campaign it jsut loads forever does any one have a fix ?
I have the same problem. Just purchased today, first install, does exactly this.
KrileonRETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Mighty_Stoner

try this its works for some people non of it works for me though
S
aints Row: The Third Fails to Launch / Hangs / Freezes After Intro or Advertisement

Does your game crash on load, freeze after launch, or right before the menu shows? There are several remedies you can try then.
– Set the compatibility mode to the game to “Windows XP”
– Run the game directly instead of using the generated shortcut
– Check your game cache / revalidate it to ensure you have okay files
– Run the game in DirectX 9 mode
– If you use multiple monitors, then disable one of them
– Exit any program that could mess with the game
– Run the game in a different, more common resolution
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
Mighty_Stoner

also this
Can’t Start New Game

Some people are having problems with starting a new game. They will select their difficulty setting, but will be unable to actually get the game to play even after restarting it. The new patch is said to fix this though so APPLY IT! It’s a big download though, so make sure you have enough time to get it. This issue is present with both people who download the game from Steam and who install it from a CD / DVD / disc.

But where is this patch according to steam it doesn't exist
Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
KrileonRETURNS

Got mine to work by installing latest ATI drivers and restarting the computer, fun game!
KrileonRETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Mighty_Stoner

Latest driver install isn't working for me i guess i really need to wait for a patch
Old 11-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Mighty_Stoner

i have managed to make some progress the game goes off the loading screen and goes black with music in the background but then it just crashes so idk whats up with it now.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
Mighty_Stoner

So far it seems i am makign some prgoress though however slow it may be
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
drskll

yep exactly the same..im running windows through PARALELLS-7 Macbook pro 15" 2011 8gb ram 2.2ghz quad core i7, with custom-P7 settinmgs etc settings that work amazingly well for every similar fairly recent game release from everything form Left4dead2 to doom3 to darksiders, crysis 2, BF3.. etc etc..max settings and it blazes eveything..it will not get passed the direct x selection screen..i understand im in a different position from native win-7 users but the system failure is exactly the same..and i am running a win-7 within osx so, the only argument is that is it may run slow..if anything at all..but it crashes immediantly. Yes windows direct x and security is all up to date so is osx..and the hard-drive is well partitioned and healthy no corrupt files or incorrect..or leaking sys. resources..it jjst fails immediantly before even really loading..more than happy to post any sys failure messages or sys specs if need be..i seem to be finding heaps of other customers who have paid for the game that cannot use yet...yet no one has an answer..besides delete, re-download, re-install.or delete your sys. ncf files..no luck this is obviously an issue affecting quite q few CUSTOMERS..however once again..im hoping a knowledgeable member of the steam gaming community will have some kind of knowledge.. because..steam support sure as will, never, ever, ever, ever, EVER actually provide customer assistance.. EVER. coz this isnt the first useless $40+ aud ive watsed on steam..
drskll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
Nyanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Stoner View Post
try this its works for some people non of it works for me though
S
aints Row: The Third Fails to Launch / Hangs / Freezes After Intro or Advertisement

Does your game crash on load, freeze after launch, or right before the menu shows? There are several remedies you can try then.
– Set the compatibility mode to the game to “Windows XP”
– Run the game directly instead of using the generated shortcut
– Check your game cache / revalidate it to ensure you have okay files
– Run the game in DirectX 9 mode
– If you use multiple monitors, then disable one of them
– Exit any program that could mess with the game
– Run the game in a different, more common resolution

I can't even start in DirectX 9 mode, I'm using Windows XP (Service Packet 3) I'll try to validate. I'm not using multiple monitors, running at highest resolution, only programs interfering could be Steam or GameBooster
Nyanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
maniaca4

I am having same problems.
maniaca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #15
Redline2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniaca4 View Post
I am having same problems.
Good luck. It has been that way since it came out. Still doesnt work for me. You will see I posted this a long time ago
Redline2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third