Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding

Old 11-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #46
NightFright

Awesome! Just bring it! If it gets even better than the initial release, it might turn into a showcase for exemplary custom campaigns! ^^
NightFright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #47
CosmicD

I'm 20% more satisfied with it now. I also touched up the intro to make the animation interact more with light and shadow of the spotlight projector so it looks more pronounced. Fiddled with details around the maps, but it ain't over until glados sings I hope at the end of this week. I think it might also release on desura but I'm not sure of that. Last week I tried it didnt support p2 mods yet, but yesterday i got authorized but told them to wait untill I released the updated version.
CosmicD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #48
CosmicD

After a delay of 4 days, I finally managed to release the updated campaign.

Link here
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #49
NightFright

Just played the whole thing (again), and I must say, excellent changes! I like the new way to get the sphere in "The Shrine" especially, and now it's also easier to figure out what to do in the last map due to the changed textures. The added map also fits in perfectly, and it was fun solving it, too.

A minor thing I have found, it's almost nothing: In Map2, when you use the "emergency escape" platforms which emerge out of the water when you are stranded on a non-functional aerial faithplate, you hear water sound when exiting back through portals (as if you were jumping into water). Maybe that can be fixed since it's a bit irritating.

Otherwise, everything seems to work really fine. I can only highly recommend playing this map pack, it looks and feels professional!
NightFright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #50
CosmicD

Thx for the recomendation. And yeah the movelinears that come out of the slime and produce the splash sounds: hmm thats because you interact with the the face of the brush that has the slime texture briefly when you go trough the portal and then it appears like you "touch a water surface" momentarily.

I'm not sure I'll be releasing another patch soon unless a really bad thing turns up. But in a maintenance release I could lower the water 8 units or so, and see if that solves it. But as you say it's merely a cosmetic thing.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #51
srs_bsnss

3 things:

1. This mod is awesome.
2. Map descriptions are pretty funny (So you think you can co-op?)
3. DAT VALVE INTRO
srs_bsnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #52
Jjssonicfan

I opened the game and intro cutscene worked fine, then the map actually loaded and I was at 10 FPS, when I am normally at 40 FPS. Changing the settings to all lowest did not help at all (Maybe by 2 FPS). Why is this happening?
Jjssonicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
CosmicD

i'm not sure, is this still with the 1.0 version or do you have the 1.1 patch version? You could see that if you have the "catapultclysm" map in your chapters.

Normally that map should be optimized a bit more because I removed allot of useless junk from it.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #54
Don.Gato

Mac Users...

Mac Tutorial:

1: Extract the .zip file, and place the resulting folder into "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Portal 2"

2: Unzip this file and place the resulting application into your Applications folder, or wherever you want. [link]

3 (Optional): In Steam click the "Add A Game..." Button in the bottom left corner, then click "Add a Non-Steam Game". In the window that pops up find "Portal 2 - The Core" (The app you downloaded in step 2) wherever you put it, select it, and click "Add Selected Programs"
IF YOU DON'T DO THIS STEP THE MOD WILL NOT SHOW UP IN YOUR GAMES LIST ON STEAM.

4. You can now launch The Core by either opening the application downloaded in step 2, or normally through your library page in steam (If you completed step 3). If steam is not open when you open the app it will be opened for you.

Uninstallation:

1: Delete thecore folder from "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Portal 2"

2: Delete the application from step 2 of the installation

3: Right click on Portal 2: The Core in your steam Library page and select delete shortcut.

CosmicD: Feel free to repost this wherever you want, so that us mac users can more easily enjoy your wonderful mod.

PS this is the same solution that luvon posted on the thinkingwithportals.com thread, but with the launch options he described (minus the -dev, it was unnecessary) integrated into a shortcut (the app from step 2).

Last edited by Don.Gato: 11-28-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Forgot the link in Step 2
Don.Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #55
coldReactive

I can't seem to do chamber 02 very well, when I catapult myself, and try to move, I can't move far enough ahead to go over the laser fence to the companion sphere.

I don't have much movement anymore on blue gel either, so how should I get over the laser fence?

Edit, nevermind, the blue gel worked :V

Edit Edit: I can't get through Chamber 3 for whatever reason.

Last edited by coldReactive: 11-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.
coldReactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #56
CosmicD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don.Gato View Post
Mac Tutorial:

1: Extract the .zip file, and place the resulting folder into "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Portal 2"

2: Unzip this file and place the resulting application into your Applications folder, or wherever you want. [link]

3 (Optional): In Steam click the "Add A Game..." Button in the bottom left corner, then click "Add a Non-Steam Game". In the window that pops up find "Portal 2 - The Core" (The app you downloaded in step 2) wherever you put it, select it, and click "Add Selected Programs"
IF YOU DON'T DO THIS STEP THE MOD WILL NOT SHOW UP IN YOUR GAMES LIST ON STEAM.

4. You can now launch The Core by either opening the application downloaded in step 2, or normally through your library page in steam (If you completed step 3). If steam is not open when you open the app it will be opened for you.

Uninstallation:

1: Delete thecore folder from "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Portal 2"

2: Delete the application from step 2 of the installation

3: Right click on Portal 2: The Core in your steam Library page and select delete shortcut.

CosmicD: Feel free to repost this wherever you want, so that us mac users can more easily enjoy your wonderful mod.

PS this is the same solution that luvon posted on the thinkingwithportals.com thread, but with the launch options he described (minus the -dev, it was unnecessary) integrated into a shortcut (the app from step 2).
Ah, i'll also post it on my moddb page tutorials, thx
Old 12-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #57
CosmicD

I'd like to announce the future update for the campaign which should be released around xmas/newyear. We formed a team again with several members from the dead before dawn development group and called it TEAM DELAY. Under this flag, the campaign is going to be be visually enhanced and puzzles being upgraded in certain area's of the maps.

THE CORE Reloaded 2.0 update includes:

- extra bonus map (on top of the one introduced in patch 1.1)
- Vastly improved map design
- Bugfixes throughout the maps

You can see several in-progress screenshots right here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/coremod/im...icds-the-core6
http://www.moddb.com/mods/coremod/im...core3#imagebox

Last edited by CosmicD: 12-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #58
coldReactive

Still can't get through Chamber 03 =/ The one with the suspended pads with portal surfaces, only the lowest one I can get to, and all the orange gel.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 AM   #59
CosmicD

well that's the final map you're talking about. You need to find a way to have more orange gel in the tunnel I think .

You should see something is clearly broken :P
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #60
coldReactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicD View Post
well that's the final map you're talking about. You need to find a way to have more orange gel in the tunnel I think .

You should see something is clearly broken :P
Yes, the part where the orange spells out is broken. where the orange stuff is on the wall has a portal surface, most of the orange going down into the liquid goo because the "Hallway" is broken. The tunnel where you put your sphere in wasn't broken at all.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding