Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead

Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
axp127

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

It is broken, steam will not give you a refund either. they will still sell it though... so just call it a donation of ten bucks to down the drain. I bought this game 2 days ago and since it has yet to start even once. I contacted steam about this and they already know its broken and do nothing about it. and then they tell me that they dont do refunds either...

so basically they are saying "hey, thx for the ten bucks, go yourself"
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Headup Games

Headup Games
Have you tried starting the exe, not directly out of STEAM? Did you get any error?
Headup Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
axp127

ya it tells me it cannot start as a file named CrashRpt.dll was not found.
axp127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
Headup Games

Headup Games
Have you tried reinstalling DirectX 9.0c? As described here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2023072
Old 09-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #5
thynth

Worked fine for me ever since.
thynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
relaxinparadise

even if it runs, the game is still bad imo

Junk game with poor control, a hackneyed story (even for a zombie pulp), unlikeable characters, poor save system. And I got it to run.
relaxinparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
axp127

well for whatever reason I can run all sorts of games on this computer that require Direct X. My system says I have direct x 11... and when I go to install 9C it says: A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid. WTF does that mean?
axp127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
ericL

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxinparadise View Post
Junk game with poor control, a hackneyed story (even for a zombie pulp), unlikeable characters, poor save system. And I got it to run.
i agree with this post.

perhaps the game gets better later on, and i dont like to complain on indie games, but seriously, this is not what it seems like. I was expecting something more of a Nation Red game (wich is an okay game, fun little game with nice gameplay but nothing more) instead we get this, trying to be an rpg or something.

idk.. i cant recommend this, sorry.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
FuzzyGman

Could it be that it's just an internal computer issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp127 View Post
well for whatever reason I can run all sorts of games on this computer that require Direct X. My system says I have direct x 11... and when I go to install 9C it says: A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid. WTF does that mean?
You cannot simply install DirectX 9c over version 11, which is what I have. I tried, but it stated that I have the most current version. So, don't stress out trying to install it. My question to you is what kind of graphics card are you using and are those drivers up-to-date. Steam has the ability to update on demand for your particular card.

However, if your card doesn't support PhysX, then that could be the issue. Then again, if you do have a compatible card, make sure your PhysX drivers are up to date as well. I recently ran into trouble with a particular game (Hamilton's Great Adventure) involving PhysX file installation.

Even though I had updated all my drivers, the game would not run until I installed PhysX_9.10.0129_SystemSoftware.exe and vcredist_x86.exe), which came with the game itself within the install folder. Once I ran those files, the game worked perfectly. Apparently, NVIDIA provides the most commonly used programs, which for whatever reason did not include that particular file.

One last thing, most games do not support dual-screen playability unless specifically designed that way. Meaning, if using two screen, then use the screen proprieties to disable the 2nd screen. Just shutting off the monitor will not work.

Cheers,
FuzzyGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #10
Treychik

Can't play multiplayer :'( why?
Treychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #11
Headup Games

Headup Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treychik View Post
Can't play multiplayer :'( why?
You need to open UDP/TCP Ports 7599.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #12
Avarion

Bah. Game freezes after I've pressed "New Game" on my Win 7 64
Avarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
DON3k

This is the DirectX Redist you need to install.

Download, unzip, then run DXSETUP.EXE

https://www.microsoft.com/download/e...s.aspx?id=8109
DON3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
Zombie.Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarion View Post
Bah. Game freezes after I've pressed "New Game" on my Win 7 64
When I clicked "New Game" the game tried to connect to the internet and my firewall blocked it. That's why it's stuck there.

Last edited by Zombie.Crusher: 03-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Zombie.Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
Cyanyde

I don't get why people are being hard on this game.
It's an idie game for one, so it's not going to be a full out studio title, and for what it is, it's done well.

I've only played for less than an hour, but it's much better than a lot of the other indie games I've played. And I've played a LOT.

Maybe it's because I bought it through the indiegala bundle that it feels worth it to me, but people keep saying bad things about support and stuff which is on steam, not on the devs. I see them answering questions and trying to help people in here and I totally respect that. Take the game for what it is, a fun little Indie zombie game that is similar to Fallout and other isometric rpg type games, with a quirky "comic book" style and multiplayer that can be pretty fun when it works..
Cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead