Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series

Old 11-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
YuJay

Assassin'S Creed Revelations: Error Code 3

Anyone receiving Error Code 3 will need to simply install the Ubisoft Gaming Launcher that was not automatically on Steam.

Ubisoft Game Launcher can be found in the Assassin's Creed Revelations game installation located in the Steamapps common folder.

x86 (32bit)
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\GameLauncher

x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\GameLauncher

Run UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
gpanoiah

Same Error Code 3 here...
Strange why steam did not installed the game launcher From the beginning...
gpanoiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
shmyazoo

I had the same problem when I tried to play the game for the first time 2 days ago. I'll tell you what I did to fix it.

I uninstalled Ubisoft Game Launcher, then I tried loading the Steam game once again, it started to install a new version of the Ubisoft Game Launcher and it went fine. Try that.

It seems the problem with that error code is that the Launcher is in an older version, specially if you own past Ubisoft games, and it doesn't update properly.

Hope it helps.
shmyazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Blomsterkungen

So, I got the game thanks to the 50% sale on steam yesterday. I can not start the game.... It Is kind of boring being treated like this!
Blomsterkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
YuJay

If you have reinstalled the launcher, its most likely that Ubisoft's DRM is still offline.

Ubisoft DRM Downtime.
YuJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
obeahmon

doubt it

that drm downtime is over a month old, I would be surprised if they were still down. I guess it IS ubisoft though.

Edit: I think I had spybot up while installing and that borked it. Going to the path above and reinstalling the game launcher manually fixed the problem.

Last edited by obeahmon: 03-01-2012 at 08:54 AM.
obeahmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series