Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The

Old 10-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Cr4zyB4st4rd

KTX Software
Connection Problems & Port Configuration

We got some reports from users that have connection problems. Here are some advice for those users:

Make sure your firewall is not interfering with the game. You can do this by adding an exception for the game through the firewall you use, or by disabling it.

The game uses the Steam lobby system which should traverse routers automatically. Unfortunately it seems some people are experiencing problems. If you're having issues connecting or hosting please try forwarding port 7777 (TCP and UDP) through your router.

If that does not work you can try enabling the DMZ setting that is a common setting for most routers.

Last edited by markusarv: 10-29-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
ericneo

If multiple people want to play online from the same house how do we setup the netport?
ericneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
stinkytaco

Banned
Yea, Do the above, and you will not be able to connect to any servers.

Says they are all full, even if you choose an empty one.

That is $20.00 I will never see again. And over 2 hours of wasted time in the forums.

KTX Software just made my "never buy another game from these guys again" list. Congratulations on getting such an honor.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
markusarv

Teotl Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytaco View Post
Yea, Do the above, and you will not be able to connect to any servers.

Says they are all full, even if you choose an empty one.

That is $20.00 I will never see again. And over 2 hours of wasted time in the forums.

KTX Software just made my "never buy another game from these guys again" list. Congratulations on getting such an honor.
This is because the server administrators have not restarted the server after the patch update.
markusarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
akstylish

Even with port forwarding I don't see more than 4-5 servers at a time and get disconnected so often. I can't host a game in KF either, so maybe I haven't configured my router properly. Either way it sucks that I end up playing solo most of the time. :/
akstylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
markusarv

Teotl Studios
Try the DMZ setting, almost all routers have it. That would tell you if it is a router problem or not. You can also disable your firewall.

You should not really have to forward or open ports, it should all be automatic. There are cases were it does not seem to work and then DMZ will tell you what the problem is.
markusarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
FioPro

It would be nice to add option to host LAN game from ingame menu, not online "lobby".
FioPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
Feelgood

*WARNING*

Enabling the DMZ as suggested opens your router to the internet. You basically have a wide open router. This is a HUGE security risk, and personally I advise strongly against it.
Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The