Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
predator_s88

MY BAF AND PMC ARE SUDDENLY LITE VERSION? HELP!!!

Hi
I have a serious problem with my Arma 2. I bought Arma 2, OA, BAF and PMC one year ago. There was no problem, i could play the campaigns of BAF and PMC.
Now I had to reinstall steam because of a problem with another steam game (Skyrim), so reinstalled everything and started ARMA 2. Now big surprise, i don't see any campaigne from PMC nor BAF so i checked the boxes with the expansions. I see there that PMC and BAF are now marked as lite, and below, it says me that I had to buy them??? I read something that the lite version are only for Multiplayer not for singleplayer, but i never used multiplayer in Arma 2, and want to play the single player.
I'am really confused because I'm sure that i bought the full versions, and I could already play the campaigns in SP.
I have the confirmation mail from steam store, Is there an Issue for this problem? I don't want to repay the 20 Euros for the two expansion, since i already paid it.

Thanks for Answering and sorry for my bad english (In from Switzerland)

Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Jedra

Run BAF, PMC, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA individually from the Steam library menu and they will create registry entries and then you will be able to run as Combined Operations (right-click on the Arma2OA library entry).
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
predator_s88

Thanks for your answer, i did what you wrote, but they are still listed as Lite version, and there is no campaigne for BAF and PMC. The combined Operation works fine, but not for BAF or PMC.
Is it possible that steam recognizes the wrong version? This makes me crazy, as more as I know that I already played both campaigns.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Jedra

That's very strange.

Somehow your BAF and PMC keys are not being picked up in the registry (so, your install of OA doesn't see them).

Have you tried 'Verifying' your game cache in PMC and BAF? In case you don;t know;

1. Right click on BAF.
2. Choose Properties.
3. Choose Local Files TAB.
4. Select the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button

Do the same for PMC.

Once this is done, run PMC and BAF again and then run OA to see if they are picked up.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
predator_s88

I tried that for arma 2, OA, PMC and BAF, run them as admin, no result, it still recognizes both as lite version.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
Jedra

The only thing I can suggest is that you...

1. delete the BAF and PMC stuff (properties/Local Files/Delete Local Game content).
2. Reboot.
3. Run Arma2 OA once.
4. Reinstall BAF and PMC. Turn of any anti-virus software while you are doing this - just in case it is preventing the registry from being updated.
5. Run BAF and PMC individually (as admin).
6. Reboot.
7. Run Arma 2 OA and see if they get picked up.

The other thing you might try is downloading the Six Updater which is what a lot of people use to launch Arma and see if that picks up your install (might rule out a problem with Steam). I use this utiltity to launch both Arma and Take On Helicopters and it works whether you have the Steam version or not.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series