Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series

Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
smokeyknuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple44 View Post

3. ( Steam forum ) Is there multiplayer play over a LAN connection? No having to go online.
+++No, you have to be online connected to Steam with the Steam version of the game.
Ahh, the answer wasn't clear enough. My fault for not being specific so, I'll try again.

We can be on steam the entire time. The question I need answered is and keeping in mind we are online with Steam the entire time, can we host the multiplayer games locally? Or are the games hosted on a online server?

One of our LAN party sites only has AT&T wireless and while we can be online for steam authentication the speed is not fast enough for 16 player playing on an online server. They can't even play 2 players in Starcraft 2 without serious lag. The Flatout series was PERFECT for LAN play and it would be a shame if they ignore this audience with Flatout 3.

Hope that is more clear and thanks for looking into it!

Last edited by smokeyknuckles: 12-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.
smokeyknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
Purple44

Now that we are seeing more and more games use GFWL or Steamworks online client, LAN option is seen less.

I will let you know Tuesday if Flatout 3 has a LAN option, but I don't think I will see the option.
Purple44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #33
Dave3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Well, purple44 brought up a god point.
I was one of those that signed the petition for a new FlatOut, so I guess I AM going to be purchasing it after all.
OK
Man of my word.
Just bought FO3.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #34
Mallorn666

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyknuckles View Post
The only thing I want to know is will this version have offline LAN play? Steam authentication is fine but after that we would like to host our own games locally. Flatout 1 & 2 destruction derby modes where huge at our LAN parties (FO2 still is) and we are in serious need of an update.
Exactly. Flatout 2 was and is a great Lan game.
I'll buy it if it has LAN play.
Mallorn666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #35
projectraven

Red face

Quote:
That great Team6 will get to do a PC version of Flatout 2, but I got to warn your team, PC players will expect the graphic quality and game play of at least BugBears' Flatout 2 and would prefer the eye candy of Ultimate Carnage. Just looking at the posts at FOJ about your new Wii version:

+++No worries, the PC version will be all new. No Wii-limitations while developing assets. The Wii has a 700Mhz cpu, and I don't think the old Carnage (or even FlatOut 1...) runs on such hardware
Oh come on now! That's a FlatOut lie! (oooh pun). FlatOut 1 and 2 came out for the PS2 and original Xbox. The gamecube was basically in between the ps2 and xbox, in terms of graphical power (iirc). The Wii is basically a souped up gamecube.

It's not the system's fault if the developer's/publisher's are incompetent and cant get any good results and are only after a quick cash grab. Remember F Zero GX? That was a great looking game and was on the gamecube. Unfortunately the Wii seems to have attracted all shovelware to it and Nintendo isnt helping allowing all that trash on their system.

Also, with the recommended system specs they have on here, the game damn well better have graphics that surpass FO:UC.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Scorp86

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectraven View Post
Oh come on now! That's a FlatOut lie! (oooh pun). FlatOut 1 and 2 came out for the PS2 and original Xbox. The gamecube was basically in between the ps2 and xbox, in terms of graphical power (iirc). The Wii is basically a souped up gamecube.

It's not the system's fault if the developer's/publisher's are incompetent and cant get any good results and are only after a quick cash grab. Remember F Zero GX? That was a great looking game and was on the gamecube. Unfortunately the Wii seems to have attracted all shovelware to it and Nintendo isnt helping allowing all that trash on their system.

Also, with the recommended system specs they have on here, the game damn well better have graphics that surpass FO:UC.
I agree, the PS2 is only 300mhz cpu I think, still looked very good.
Scorp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #37
Purple44

For publisher Strategy First to recommend a dual GPU video card is a little over kill for Flatout 3 I think.

Team6 does not have Bugbear code from UC, they had to start from scratch and their gaming engine does not support the level of eye candy you see in Ultimate Carnage.

Team6 has not yet had 2 big selling racing tittles ( Flatout 1 & 2 ) to pay for a new upgraded gaming engine like Bugbear.

In a perfect world, BugBear would of finish Flatout 3 back in 2008. But the world is not perfect. I ask Team6 to give us a new Flatout to enjoy and now we got one. And yes it will not have the eye candy of UC, but if Flatout 3 has the fun of a Flatout title and Flatout 2 level graphics ( Strategy First Steam videos are using an old build of Flatout 3 ), I will be happy.

Seem publisher Strategy First wanted to get Flatout 3 out the door before Christmas. Team6 has no control over the release date.

Last edited by Purple44: 12-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Purple44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #38
Ronnie Nelis

Team 6 Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by acare84 View Post
It is here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201510/

It will be $30. But double think before buying because Team 6 Studios is making this game and their older games are terrible, and I think this one won't be a good game too (they haven't released a trailer and info about this game too, no previews, no interviews also). Because old developers of FlatOut (Bugbear) is making new Ridge Racer game.
From Team6.
- I understand your point of view, but the absence of marketing was not our call. Till the release of the game Team6 was not allowed to release video, info, preview, interviews, etc. Imagine how we feel about this. You can read more info now on the game on our own website, flatout3.team6-games.com

- Our older games are all depending on the available budget. If you expect to get Unreal3 for the budget we got for, let's say Farm Animals, Taxi Racer, Glacier or any other title: Epic can't do this neither for this money, trust me. Till now, we have done more than was paid for, for -every- single title in our catalogue and that's something we're proud of. It doesn't fill our wallets, but we like the games we developed, no matter the budget they were made for.
We're only a small studio and therefore care about each title that leaves our studio. No game leaves our offices before we are confident we like to play the game ourselves too. Even the really small games we like
Ronnie Nelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #39
Ronnie Nelis

Team 6 Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfShotTheFood View Post
Team 6 and Strategy First is not a good combination.
From Team6.

We started out developing FlatOut3 for Zoo Games, but Zoo cancelled all retail products due to financial reasons in April.

Personally, i'm happy with Strategy First finishing and releasing a fine title after all.

After playing, please let me know if you still stand with your current opinion
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #40
axlevest

Quote:
For publisher Strategy First to recommend a dual GPU video card is a little over kill for Flatout 3 I think.

Team6 does not have Bugbear code from UC, they had to start from scratch and their gaming engine does not support the level of eye candy you see in Ultimate Carnage.

Team6 has not yet had 2 big selling racing tittles ( Flatout 1 & 2 ) to pay for a new upgraded gaming engine like Bugbear.

In a perfect world, BugBear would of finish Flatout 3 back in 2008. But the world is not perfect. I ask Team6 to give us a new Flatout to enjoy and now we got one. And yes it will not have the eye candy of UC, but if Flatout 3 has the fun of a Flatout title and Flatout 2 level graphics ( Strategy First Steam videos are using an old build of Flatout 3 ), I will be happy.

Seem publisher Strategy First wanted to get Flatout 3 out the door before Christmas. Team6 has no control over the release date.
this has been my attitude the whole time, as long as they keep that fun "be a to your friends" style of racing (where it would be much easier to simply pass your opponent but its much more fun to slam into him as fast as you can because he might destroy his car) is what I'm sure made it a hit in the first place, if that is there, then they have my money, I don't care if the graphics aren't great, or if the damage isn't as good, a true Flatout fan will look by these flaws and remember that we enjoy the gameplay!
axlevest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #41
Ronnie Nelis

Team 6 Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyknuckles View Post
The only thing I want to know is will this version have offline LAN play? Steam authentication is fine but after that we would like to host our own games locally. Flatout 1 & 2 destruction derby modes where huge at our LAN parties (FO2 still is) and we are in serious need of an update.
From Team6.
Yes, that's possible. You can select private match in the server making options. We play it on LAN too here at Team6.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #42
Ronnie Nelis

Team 6 Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlevest View Post
this has been my attitude the whole time, as long as they keep that fun "be a to your friends" style of racing (where it would be much easier to simply pass your opponent but its much more fun to slam into him as fast as you can because he might destroy his car) is what I'm sure made it a hit in the first place, if that is there, then they have my money, I don't care if the graphics aren't great, or if the damage isn't as good, a true Flatout fan will look by these flaws and remember that we enjoy the gameplay!
From Team6.
Specially for this we made a Killmove. Hmz.. for age rating stuff, it was renamed to 'SuperMove' or something. What it does: You go into slow-motion mode, grip / steering increases and when you hit someone he will get loads of damage. Kinda like the MidnightClub3 Agression move which worked pretty good for me
Old 12-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #43
axlevest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Nelis View Post
From Team6.
Specially for this we made a Killmove. Hmz.. for age rating stuff, it was renamed to 'SuperMove' or something. What it does: You go into slow-motion mode, grip / steering increases and when you hit someone he will get loads of damage. Kinda like the MidnightClub3 Agression move which worked pretty good for me
You guys just keep seeming to rattle off my favorite games of all time (Eve of Destruction, Midnight Club 3, Flatout 2 (obviously)) all becoming the one game, btw, I'm trying to convince about 15 people that go onto the Teamspeak channel I like to go onto when i play games that Flatout 3 is awesome, I really hope to have it pre-ordered, but today i spent $750 buying myself some new PC gear (HIS Radeon 6950 FTW!) its gonna be my first gaming rig so i can't wait to play FO3 with my speakers blaring and with my Razer Onza TE.... NOW I'M EVEN MORE EXITED GOD DAMMIT!
axlevest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #44
ivoyared

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlevest View Post
Well i took a look at some other games they made, and one thing caught my interest, a wii game they made called speed, it isn't very pretty or does it look any good, but, they capured the feeling of speed very well, better than most racing games i've seen to date, and then the turning was responsive and fast, I wouldn't ride this one off yet guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulqv2...eature=related
Are you serious?
ivoyared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #45
Wordhammer

Look, you little excitable chipmunk...
This game is about as lame as it can get. Have you read the other post?

This game is not worthy of a 6950! You are going to feel the sting of buyers remorse worse than any of us. The graphics are subpar to games made 10 years ago, the music is honestly grating (think about the annoying sounds in portal2 and autotune them to a revving engine), and that 'feeling of speed' looks nice, but when you're at the controls it quite honestly feels like rubberband lag. This game is a unholy turd.

Here's a challenge for you. Find a game that these companies have released that you think you would enjoy. Play that game, and tell me it is a blessing to your wonderful new rig. I dare you.
Wordhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series