Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hazen

Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
murlock42

Stuck with Malestos

After playing less than one hour, I'm stuck with Malestos :
The first time I met him (and his minion), I've got back to town to buy a lot of health potions.
The second time (and after killing severals skeletons), his minion kill my character.
I've reloaded my savegame and now, minion's Malestos does nothing and I can't attack them.

Any tips ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
aralici

Hello there.

Same problem here. The first time I meet Malestos, I run back to the town to buy potions, then I come back and kill all squeletons.

But nor Malestos, nor his minion move now and I can find nothing to fix that (quit game and reload...)

Any advice will be welcome.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
yincision

You don't actually attack Malestos himself. The quest ends when you kill his minion, who just activated as I got close enough to him. Make sure you kill all those flame minion-things first since they spawn skeletons.
yincision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
dynamix609

I did exactly as the OP described and am in the same position.

I have killed minion after minion going back and forth between Malestos and the chap who issues you with the quest in the first instance. I simply can't progress.

Can anyone shed any light, is this a bug or am I missing something?

I really do not want to have to start the game again if I can help it.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
isthatacookie

You are not supposed to leave the area. Doing so is what is causing the bug. Trust me, buy a lot of potions, kill all the casters first, then the archers and spawns, then the skeletons. Take a scroll of summon hire and/or exploding trap with you. After killing the main group proceed through the pathed area (NOT the back of the fence) until the cutscene happens. Then rinse & repeat. Kill the Fire Casters first, then Chill Mages, then Spawns, then Archers, then Skeletons. When you dwindle them down the Flesh Giant will attack. Target him and hit A once and you will auto attack him for the whole fight. Keep your fingers on your ability button and HP Pot button. And if you are playing a mage melee attack elites! I know it's strange but unless you have both AoE attacks you are FAR better off meleeing mano el mano vs single creatures.

I was flying through the game until midway through the third area where the boss stopped being targetable, a ballista disappeared, and a merchant stopped talking to me

It's a buggy buggy game but if you do like I said you will be fine.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
mezopower

i ,am in ancint way quest please help me i cant find the 3 old coloumns(

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hazen