Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite

Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #31
heycarnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudAlmighty View Post
What the heck have you been smoking? Your opinion is just sounds sooo fake like it's attempting to be a cheap advertisement for red orchestra!

I would love to see you use these god awful typing skills and explain to the lovely viewers at home how a 6/7 year old game cannot be outdated?!

Who in their right mind would buy a game from 2005 and expect it to be up to date graphically?

This game plays absolutely fine.
Amen. A quick look at the OP's posts will show them to be just another RO foamer, an ersatz TWI marketing drone.

This game is the best sniper game yet. I have all that I've heard of for the PC. It isn't pretty (DX8), the movement can seem clunky at times, but it is an immensely satisfying game to play.

The ballistics compensation, windage, heart rate, etc. make play decisions all the more interesting.

Want to see heart-wrenching death animations? The kind that make the vaunted animations of RO2 look stale and artificial? You'll get them here.

While you can run-and-gun on the easier difficulty levels, this is a sniping game, and is meant to be played as such. If you want COD instant-on action, this may not be your cup of tea. If you want a game that rewards intelligence and tactics, and have the patience that a sniper needs, you can't find a better realization of the genre than Sniper Elite.

There's a reason this game was selling for over $100 a copy on ebay before Steam had it...

Rob
heycarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #32
AeneasXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarnut View Post
Amen. A quick look at the OP's posts will show them to be just another RO foamer, an ersatz TWI marketing drone.

This game is the best sniper game yet. I have all that I've heard of for the PC. It isn't pretty (DX8), the movement can seem clunky at times, but it is an immensely satisfying game to play.

The ballistics compensation, windage, heart rate, etc. make play decisions all the more interesting.

Want to see heart-wrenching death animations? The kind that make the vaunted animations of RO2 look stale and artificial? You'll get them here.

While you can run-and-gun on the easier difficulty levels, this is a sniping game, and is meant to be played as such. If you want COD instant-on action, this may not be your cup of tea. If you want a game that rewards intelligence and tactics, and have the patience that a sniper needs, you can't find a better realization of the genre than Sniper Elite.

There's a reason this game was selling for over $100 a copy on ebay before Steam had it...

Rob
aaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahaha dude I never laughed so hard.
100$ a copy on ebay. FOR THIS? seriously dude... You gotta be kidding me. Maybe if the guy was blind or thought this was a video on how to become a sniper elite lol
pics or it didn't happen

Also yes sure I am a TWI marketing drone rofl. If anyone makes a recommendation he is called a marketing drone...
(Ever thought about the reason why somebody would recommend a game? Because it is good maybe? So everybody that spreads word of mouth is a marketing drone right? sheesh)
I have both games and I can say Sniper elite was a VERY bad purchase even at a sales price.

btw if you are writing in english... stick to it. Ersatz = replacement. Just so you know

ps: RO1 is an indie-game. Sniper elite from a huge developer

Last edited by AeneasXI: 08-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.
AeneasXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #33
heycarnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneasXI View Post
btw if you are writing in english... stick to it. Ersatz = replacement. Just so you know
I'd take a look at your own posts before trying to critique. There are few better ways of making yourself a fool than trying to correct someone when you have not a clue.

Ersatz: An artificial substitute differing in kind from and inferior in quality to what it replaces. That is of course what I meant, any intelligent reader will understand that. You clearly miss the importance of the latter part of the meaning as it applies to you.

Quote:
pics or it didn't happen
Do your own homework - there are copies now on eBay on non-steam supported hardware at over $100.00.

Please, keep the RO advertising to the RO forum, and if you want to have a battle of wits or foam more about RO, feel free to PM me and we can do it in private. It has no place here.

Rob

Last edited by heycarnut: 08-12-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #34
AeneasXI

Quote:
I'd take a look at your own posts before trying to critique. There are few better ways of making yourself a fool than trying to correct someone when you have not a clue.

Ersatz: An artificial substitute differing in kind from and inferior in quality to what it replaces. That is of course what I meant, any intelligent reader will understand that. You clearly miss the importance of the latter part of the meaning as it applies to you.

Do your own homework - there are copies now on eBay on non-steam supported hardware at over $100.00.

Please, keep the RO advertising to the RO forum, and if you want to have a battle of wits or foam more about RO, feel free to PM me and we can do it in private. It has no place here.

Rob
This is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen. Or I could say Sniperelite is selling for 1cent on ebay. go figure...
If you make a point you gotta prove it too.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #35
heycarnut

Quote:
This is the internet. Pics or it didn't happen. Or I could say Sniperelite is selling for 1cent on ebay. go figure...
If you make a point you gotta prove it too.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6806907/Proo..._RO_Fanboi.PNG

Since you've already proven your lack of knowledge, I won't ask for the same. Ta.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #36
AeneasXI

Quote:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6806907/Proo..._RO_Fanboi.PNG

Since you've already proven your lack of knowledge, I won't ask for the same. Ta.
And a listing proves what now? I can put RO into ebay for 1000$ then make a thread about how awesome it is because someone sells it for 1000$ xD

I call fake since the title of it is "PS2 Sniper elite ^^" why would anyone add that? Because its a joke.

BTW calling other people stupid is a clear sign of maturity and intelligence!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #37
heycarnut

Quote:
And a listing proves what now? I can put RO into ebay for 1000$ then make a thread about how awesome it is because someone sells it for 1000$ xD

I call fake since the title of it is "PS2 Sniper elite ^^" why would anyone add that? Because its a joke.

BTW calling other people stupid is a clear sign of maturity and intelligence!
"TWI bit off more than they could chew with RO2 - it's a bug infested mess" - A beta tester and game developer.

Enough said. Your RO foaming has clearly clouded your ability to reason, and you'll say anything to try and make your beloved game sound great while trying to slam others. Whatever floats your boat. Anyone can search eBay to verify that and similar sales. And before Steam had it, auctions closed for the PC version at those levels. Sorry, RO is not, and will never be, valued like that. Nor you'll note, has it won any significant awards, unlike Sniper Elite.

Just keep the TWI and RO advertising out of here. This is the Sniper Elite thread. Too hard to understand?

Last edited by heycarnut: 08-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #38
AeneasXI

Quote:
"TWI bit off more than they could chew with RO2 - it's a bug infested mess" - A beta tester and game developer.

Enough said. Your RO foaming has clearly clouded your ability to reason, and you'll say anything to try and make your beloved game sound great while trying to slam others. Whatever floats your boat. Anyone can search eBay to verify it. And before steam had it, auctions closed or the PC version at those levels. Sorry, RO is not, and will never be, valued like that. Nor you'll note, has it won any significant awards, unlike Sniper Elite.

Just keep the TWI and RO advertising out of here. This is the Sniper Elite thread. Too hard to understand?
your trying to compare a beta with a released game? Now thats pathetic ;O

Also in a closed beta you are not allowed to speak about the game, thus he would be violating the rules. This is just a poor trolls thread since no real beta tester would do something like this and EVEN more if he is a developer. (which proves he is just a troll trying to sound important by claiming to be a dev)

that you don't provide a link to that thread/quote is pathetic as well and only shows that you are desperate to search for things to make me sound like a ro fanboi.

You could write over the positives of the game yet you seek to make ro look bad. RO got better review scores than sniper elite btw if you wanna stick with RO... You do know that making RO bad will not get anyone to buy sniper elite? haha

A beta will always have plenty of bugs. Thats why it is a beta. Duh

Last edited by AeneasXI: 08-14-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #39
teemu92

Yes this is worth it, theres also like 200+ players online everyday in peak times, its great fun.
teemu92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #40
Nth RooCH

Quote:
Also in a closed beta you are not allowed to speak about the game, thus he would be violating the rules. This is just a poor trolls thread since no real beta tester would do something like this and EVEN more if he is a developer. (which proves he is just a troll trying to sound important by claiming to be a dev)
Not to join in on your jarateing contest, but no one follows beta NDA (Non-disclosure agreements). Really those things are there to prevent professional magazines and websites publishing reviews before it's available. Regular people will happily break beta NDA's all the time. True, developers should know better, but they still break it fairly often, and even more if it's perhaps a newly made ex-employee. So yeah, it could easily be legit.
Nth RooCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #41
Fakez

I remember i got this game for $2,50, so imo it was really worth it, cool game with stealth and sniping, love it!
Fakez is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite