Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Napoleon: Total War

Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Ekcelent

Question Napoleon Unplayable. problem with skipping framerates

I bought Napoleon off Steam few days ago. I have this problem since i installed the game. On the campaign map and on the battle map, the animations are not rendering properly or how should i say it. When soldiers run, they are skipping certain frames in the animation of their movement and just jump, if you can imagine what i mean. Or the flags in campaign map just skips few frames, its terrible, i tried tampering with the settings for 2 hours to no effect, it even does it on shader model 2 so i dont understand, it must be game problem. I have also Empire Total War, i play that on Ultra settings 1440x900 apart from shadows on medium, and its running perfect. Also i remember i had almost same issue in E:TW when in siege, the same thing started to happen. But then there was an update and it was fixed. Can someone please help me with this? Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
CostySSj2

Found FIX!!! :D

Install RadeonPro, Go to Setting -> Advanced and check "driver compatibility", create profile for NTW, Manage My Drivers in the profile's Advanced tab ->download Catalyst 10.5 with all 3 checkboxes checked, select catalyst 10.5 from driver compatibility.

If you do this, the game will run with the 10.5 drivers which is best for this game or other total war series that have the problem, it also gives the best performance. Any other games will run on your current drivers which may be better for the newer games.

Good luck and enjoy .
CostySSj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Ekcelent

I appreciate you help, i am trying to make it work, but it doesnt look like the profile is being applied i have the same problem happening again. Will reply soon

EDIT: it works now i just had to tamper with it a little. MANY THANKS for your kind advice man. I really appreciate it. Its working beautifully now ))

Regards

Last edited by Ekcelent: 03-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Ekcelent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
Gandaldwarf

What did you precisely do in RadeonPro to make it work?
I'm having the same problem and did what said above. But when I use 10.5 and start a battle, the game freezes, jumps to desktop and flickers black from time to time.
Gandaldwarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Napoleon: Total War