Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hard Reset

Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Chriz

Hard Reset: Extended Edition

Kalypso annoucend a retail version of Hard Reset with 5 additional levels, 1 new boss and additional 2h of gameplay:

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/pc/pc...n-coming-march

I hope the content will also be available for Steam buyers, but I like that Hard Reset will get additional exposure through the retail market.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
quietisgood

5 new levels? This better be available in some form for steam users.
quietisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Ywap

I´ve never bought a DLC before but this will be the first if it becomes available for everyone
Ywap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
-=Sgt. Fopper=-

I really hope that the retail version will also be released on Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
I´ve never bought a DLC before but this will be the first if it becomes available for everyone
It's not a DLC, just a Extended Edition of the "normal" Download-version of Hard Reset.
-=Sgt. Fopper=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
tviceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Sgt. Fopper=- View Post
It's not a DLC, just a Extended Edition of the "normal" Download-version of Hard Reset.
It could, and most likely, will become DLC. I hope it's free but will gladly pay for it with this game.
tviceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
HomerPepsi

Well hopefully its a free download for those who have already bought it (at full price), because if this version is the same cost as the version I bought at release, I will feel ripped off. (Not via gameplay, Hard Reset is awesome at 29.99 without the additional levels)
HomerPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
yourock

anyway will finally know what happens next...
btw. It is first time I hear about this "Kalypso" publisher... no advertisment, no nothing, no <cough> quicksave
yourock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Funktion

I seriously hope the bit "exclusive to retail" doesn't mean what I think it does: that this new content will not be available to the digital release in any form. That would be a huge kick in the nuts to the people who pre-ordered or bought the game, to support a new and small developer who made a fun game.

If the new content doesn't get added to the digital release in any form, for example as paid DLC, I'm certainly never buying anything related to this developer.

Had I been told a new version of the game would be coming down the line with significant new content unavailable to the Steam release, I certainly wouldn't have picked up the digital release.
Funktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
Mist69

i hope digital release gets this in some form aswell.
Mist69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #10
DBThanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerPepsi View Post
Well hopefully its a free download for those who have already bought it (at full price), because if this version is the same cost as the version I bought at release, I will feel ripped off. (Not via gameplay, Hard Reset is awesome at 29.99 without the additional levels)
True. I'd feel the same. But in all honestly, and this is quite something coming from someone as cheap as myself, I would buy the thing just to show some extra support.

That's because Im delighted for the support of the devs. I mean, what developer group changes the game after it's release to please the players? Most of them go "This is it, you better enjoy it, and if you dont, deal with it! I already got my $30 from you"; so, the fact that FWH did listen, and furthermore, they even gave us a charge-free survival mode, is IMO a lot. Still, here I am hoping they will release modding tools. That would be the icing on the cake.

So, yeah, some people might get more content than we did for the same price we paid, but after all, the company has interest, and without money, no matter how good their intentions are, a company cannot survive.

I do hope we get it for free, but I wont complain if we dont. If they decide to sell it, then I'll gladly pay for that. But this is me assuming they will release it for digital distributions. It would only make sense.
DBThanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #11
Hashmallum

Flying Wild Hog
All i know is that the expansion will be available on Steam. As soon as I know more I will let you know.
Hashmallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:03 AM   #12
SPTX

Hard Reset uses Steamworks for the leaderboards. So I am pretty sure the retail users will have to register through steam, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBThanatos View Post
what developer group changes the game after it's release to please the players? Most of them go "This is it, you better enjoy it, and if you dont, deal with it! I already got my $30 from you"; so, the fact that FWH did listen, and furthermore, they even gave us a charge-free survival mode, is IMO a lot.
They couldn't afford to act otherwise. And they have not "changed" the game, they improved it, and by improved I mean, fixed design flaws.
Just saying, the world is not black and white and though I'd gladly support Flying Wild Hog, they don't have their place on a pedestal yet.
(try making steam not mandatory, guys and give more survival options to the players, it's not fun getting hit just because you can't avoid an attack. The issue not being your lack of skill, but the lack of proper tools to do it)
SPTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #13
NightFright

This is really great news! If there was anything to complain about HR, then it was that it was over a bit too soon. Adding two hours and throwing in some new enemies will be exactly what people want. Regardless in which way it will be available next year, I am already on board for it! ^^

Last edited by NightFright: 12-14-2011 at 04:45 AM.
NightFright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #14
Jumpy-B-L

Take my $$$ please.
Jumpy-B-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #15
Darrosquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmallum View Post
All i know is that the expansion will be available on Steam. As soon as I know more I will let you know.
Can you tell us if the new content will be free for who had preordered your game or buy it full price on Steam?
Darrosquall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hard Reset