Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
AgentRev

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by foocy.toocy View Post
Has anyone recieved official word, are they harmless enough to use?
Not yet. BurtonJ said he would contact me this week about it, so there is still hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
The FOV changer you are talking about lets you change the FOV during the game, such a feature could easily be used as a competitive advantage.

Using it to change FOV so you can zoom on targets at a distance when going for long shots and than changing it back when you are corridor running, is a definite possibility with this tool.
I don't know if you are specifically talking about my FoV changer, but it is limited from 50 to 100. The program won't take any value over or under that. 50 is about the kind of value you get when aiming down a red dot sight, so I don't think there's much of a "competitive advantage" in that.

Besides, even with steady aim, I don't think any gun is worth anything for hipfire long shots. Except FMGs at medium range.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #17
Misguided

im talking about this FOV changer, not sure if its yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTe3S...ayer_embedded#!

You will notice you can dynamically change your FOV on the fly. That is something that could easily be abused. I am not arguing about the spirit of the program, it is obviously made to alleviate/solve current problems with MW3. However the functionality of changing your FOV in-game dynamically is problematic.

Last edited by Misguided: 12-16-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #18
AgentRev

Banned
Quote:
im talking about this FOV changer, not sure if its yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTe3S...ayer_embedded#!

You will notice you can dynamically change your FOV on the fly. That is something that could easily be abused. I am not arguing about the spirit of the program, it is obviously made to alleviate/solve current problems with MW3. However the functionality of changing your FOV in-game dynamically is problematic.
Yes, I am the creator. Changing the FoV on the fly is just so you don't need to Alt-Tab out and come back in each time you want to test a value, because Alt-Tabbing from fullscreen is so problematic and slow with CoD games. You're not the first one who says this could give an advantage to certain players.

But I mean, the probability is so low and the advantage so ridiculously minimal that it truly shouldn't be bothered about. I'm not targeting you particularly, but for all the haters that might say to me "it doesn't matter how big or small the advantage is, it still is one", yeah well I'm sorry but nothing is perfect, it's how life works, this game definitely demonstrates it, so deal with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #19
^4:^1noob

Banned
i can't believe people would complain about fov changers, fov needs to be adjustable so people with fov-based sickness can play the game for more then 30 minutes.

Last edited by ^4:^1noob: 12-16-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^4:^1noob View Post
i can't believe people would complain about fov...
You obviously didnt see the flood of posts complaining about the fov in Dead Island. Or the lack of a fov option in Skyrim. It seems to be a weird hot button topic
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #21
^4:^1noob

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
You obviously didnt see the flood of posts complaining about the fov in Dead Island. Or the lack of a fov option in Skyrim. It seems to be a weird hot button topic
that was directed towards the people saying that fov tools should be vac bannable, sorry for not clearly explaining it.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #22
Keskasidvar

Question MW3 FoV change, bannable?

Would changing a hex value in the iw5mp.exe to change to the FoV to 80 be bannable? For a while I've had a copy of my .exe set to 80 for theater mode only, in fear of ban. Lately I've seen a couple things saying changing hex values on MW3 isn't VAC bannable, as long as there aren't files being injected. Anyone able to support that? Would be nice to play at higher than 65 FoV.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
Manuel859

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentRev View Post
Not yet. BurtonJ said he would contact me this week about it, so there is still hope.
Any updates on the subject?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #24
Manuel859

There was a whole discussion about FoV changers. You should check it out. People claim it has not banned them yet but it might in the future. So wait for updates.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #25
Keskasidvar

Wow, never noticed that was there. But it still never addressed my question in that discussion. Near the end it looks like a flame fight starting, rather than knowledge being spread.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
Keskasidvar

Any word about changing hex values of the .exe? Is that bannable? Of course, only to change FoV.

Last edited by Keskasidvar: 12-21-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #27
arisaka

Quote:
It should get you banned. The FOV changer you are talking about lets you change the FOV during the game, such a feature could easily be used as a competitive advantage.

Using it to change FOV so you can zoom on targets at a distance when going for long shots and than changing it back when you are corridor running, is a definite possibility with this tool.

Will it give you a VAC ban? Probably not, but it should.
I bought a more expensive computer than you! I get higher resolution and higher framerates than some crappy $500 pos! It's a competitive advantage, so I should get vac banned!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
Keskasidvar

Hmm...so my entire thread just got moved into this one, and placed before an actual post of mine on this thread...this is awkward...kinda.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #29
BlazingNova

Still waiting on word about this
Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisaka View Post
I bought a more expensive computer than you! I get higher resolution and higher framerates than some crappy $500 pos! It's a competitive advantage, so I should get vac banned!
So Wrong. It isn't even comparable.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion