Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Air Conflicts: Secret Wars

Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
danieleldon

Great series with easy controls

Played the first game in this series a few years back and the thing i really enjoyed besides pretty good graphics was the easy control options. There wasn't 100 keyboard buttons you had to memorize or the requirement for a joystick. It was straight forward mouse controls the plane and a few other buttons for gear, bombs and missles. It wasn't wings of pray graphics but those games were unplayable because of the controls. I know that some people will not like the comparison but if you want to have fun playing a very unfrustrating game for half the price of a very frustrating game this is the game for you. I will def buy this one.
I would check out the first air conflists before buying this one if your undecided. I'm sure there is a demo or the game i picked up for like 10 bucks. Anyways hope this helps you decide but it's a lot of fun if you don't want to rip your hair out because you can't figure out how to turn left or change from bombs to missles.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Gel214th

How do you control the plane with the mouse? Up down left right? Or does moving the mouse move , like a joystick or something...so you don't have to keep moving the mouse in order to turn past a certain point...
Gel214th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Gel214th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel214th View Post
How do you control the plane with the mouse? Up down left right? Or does moving the mouse move , like a joystick or something...so you don't have to keep moving the mouse in order to turn past a certain point...
I'd like to know this as well. If the mouse functions sort of like a Joystick as in Freelancer and other games of that type great. If not, mouse control typically doesn't work well if you always need to lift the mouse and reposition it.
Gel214th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
Tally44

Question Joystick control?

Tried everywhere to see if this game supports joystick control,can someone please tell me...looks like agood game but don't want it without jpoystick control....thx guys.
Tally44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
ElizLestrad

I'm pretty curious about the mouse controls as well. Freelancer had perfect controls and it would be great if it were like that.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
gijas04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
I'm pretty curious about the mouse controls as well. Freelancer had perfect controls and it would be great if it were like that.
There are other games like this one that use mouse control. One is heroes of the pacific. Basically you fly using mouse direction like using wasd on your keyboard.
gijas04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
ElizLestrad

But see, thats the problem (and no I dont mean the graphics), that game is Pacific. And you cant have a proper WW2 flight combat game without the Messerschmitt considering that its the same plane used by the two highest-scoring pilots in the history of aviation: Erich Hartmann (#1 - 352) and Gerhard Barkhorn (#2 - 301).

Still I hope theres a demo for this before it comes out. I really want to know what the mouse controls are like after playing games like Heroes in the Sky and Freelancer.

If it does have mouse support I'll probably end up getting it. I'm hoping it will allow for custom skinning on the aircraft since I'd love to get Hartman, Barkhorn, and Wolf-Dietrich Wilcke's paint jobs.

Still, I hope one of these days someone can do a simulator where you can go up against or play as the famous aces and have their AI and difficulty levels be on par with their success and have the AI be able to emulate the aces tactics.

Last edited by ElizLestrad: 09-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
danieleldon

It does support the mouse and joystick and has cockpit view. This story line is really bad and shows the same pic as the people talk but it's a fun game. The MP is bad and hard to find games if the master server happens to be up and overall a pretty easy game. You fly and drop bombs and or shoot missles even though they had no missles in that war. Funny to see ww1 airplanes shooting missles.It's worth ten bucks so wait for a weekend sale.I was really wanting to see a better game since they have had soo long to improve.
danieleldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
ElfShotTheFood

There's a Christmas-themed achievement for this game, so maybe it's going to be on a Daily Deal soon?
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Air Conflicts: Secret Wars