Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rebellion

Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
HaVok

Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death = Underrated!

It really is. Yes the game is old and dated, but it adds to the Dredd charm. Give it a shot, its 1.50 now with steam deals - but otherwise its 7. It has way more features then i thought it would, and dont believe the metascore!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Grandmaster B

I Agree, its a fun game nothing wrong about it. Though i think they should lower the normal price to 5$. The story mode is a little short but the arcade mode makes up for it, there are even bot matches with the multiplayer mode. The graphics are very dated but the overall design of the game is fantastic.
Grandmaster B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
cr1515

I grew up reading 2000AD in the 80's and I wholeheartedly agree. The crappy meta score put me off in the past but at this price obviously it was worth trying.
Game is great, really funny and very faithful to the comic.
Dredd's voice is perfect. View of Mega City One from the Hall of Justice is spot on, I sat and looked at it for ages. What really makes it for me though is the music.
Highly Recommended!
cr1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
gobbybobby

Banned
Played it on Xbox Thought it sucked. No game store would take it as they had ''too many copys becuase its rubbish'' Was a to get rid off ended up chucking it. Is it better on pc?
gobbybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbybobby View Post
Is it better on pc?
No idea about the Xbox, but if you can overlook the blatant flaws (well, like the whole game design) then it is quite fun. I wouldn't pay $10 for it but it was worth $5.
MarkG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
TheTingler

For the current price it is definitely worth it. It's main flaw is the over-reliance on zombies/vampires, which are fun for about one level then get boring.

The demo level is the best in the game, and this is because it is the only level that doesn't feature any undead. The arresting of citizens is hilarious and should have been the focus of the game. I love arresting someone before they fired at me and seeing that their only charge is "jaywalking" or "owning a goldfish without a license".
TheTingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #7
Vescarea

Bought it back when it first came out but crashed alot and became unplayable, but thanks to steam i can fully enjoy this game, this game was great despite being old me and friends still play coop for fun. im waiting for someone like bethesda to make a dredd game more rpg style and free roaming.
Vescarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Lord Gremlin

Yes it's surprisingly good. Underrated indeed. BTW you should notice that it was a very technologically advanced game when it came out.
Lord Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
MADDOGGE

Played this game as a demo many times over the years and when it came to Steam I snatched up the full version. Now if I can just get that RoboCop game I used to play the demo for I'm in good shape.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
DeacStarkiller

I agree, can't go wrong for the 89p I paid for it in the sale. They certainly don't make them like this anymore. This is the sort of the "You are the best warrior in the universe vs the ultimate evil" kind of game with trance/metal background music rather than the "you're just another mundane cog in a machine vs generic terrorists" that fly these days.

Or maybe I'm just old.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
paigeoliver

I really don't see how technologically advanced it could have been. It came out only a year before Half Life 2, but the graphics quality is a lot closer to the Quake 3 engine than it is to the source engine.

It probably could have looked a lot better, but so many of the environments were overly simplified. For every nice detailed room there was another that looked like they carved out a rectangle in their level editor, set a grey texture and left it at that.

Then you get the cut scenes, which are letter boxed, however it is obvious that they are really rendering the whole screen and just placing black bands on the top and bottom, this is easy to tell because the black bands fall a pixel short of the edges of the screen, and you can still see the video in the areas it doesn't cover.

The real problem though is that it just isn't that fun. The difficulty level is erratic and many of the levels don't really seem to have any sort of climax to them.

Last edited by paigeoliver: 12-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.
paigeoliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Rebellion