Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alpha Protocol

Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
RcknShdw

The boss fight with Brayko...

Is enough reason to justify the purchase of Alpha Protocol for me!

By far one of my favorite parts of this game!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Vaemer-Riit

Despite being a pain in the with his knifing BS that was an awesome boss fight
Vaemer-Riit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
SarcasticPirate

The problem with the Brayko fight is that players who are almost exclusively stealth-builds just get ripped apart by Brayko and his goons. The game's poor cover system got me killed several times because Thorton would not get out of cover quick enough while shooting at the goons, resulting in either Brayko flanking Mike (and halving his health with his pinpoint-accurate weapons -- which is saying something when regular pistol shots can't even reach somebody across the room in this game), or having one of the goons (ALWAYS the one with the shotgun) kill Mike at point-blank range as he desperately tries to get out of cover fighting the other two or hiding from Brayko.

That boss fight was horrible because of how Brayko was designed: ultra-accurate weapons fire, the ability to break melee attacks with his knife, him being faster than Thorton on foot, and his absurdly fast regenerating armor. Before Brayko I had died twice, the first being me walking up a guard-tower ladder in Saudi Arabia, only to have the game spawn a guard in the tower (with lag and everything!), who quickly proceeded to man the gun and literally shoot me in the head about 15 times as I was climbing, and the second being me running into Brayko's arcade like an idiot, resulting in the classic "Bolivian Army" death. Deaths 3 through 12, however, were all fighting Brayko (haven't died since, either).

I eventually learned of the stage trick, where during Brayko's coke-induced rage, Thorton runs/sprints to the stage, jumps off, and repeats until Brayko starts having an episode, during which you unload on him (I used my level zero assault rifle, which worked incredibly well). I (an several others on various forums)found that there is a rare chance for Brayko to get stuck after jumping off the stage, allowing you to basically end the fight then an there, which is how I got rid of the last third or fourth of his health. This was a life-saver, as I had about one or two magazines left for both of my weapons.

Last edited by SarcasticPirate: 06-02-2010 at 07:40 AM.
SarcasticPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Vaemer-Riit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticPirate View Post
The problem with the Brayko fight is that players who are almost exclusively stealth-builds just get ripped apart by Brayko and his goons.
Use Shadow Operative and the pistol skill. I only had the first level of the pistol skill and I would use it to kill his armor after he comes out of his rage.

Also the "goons" are there to drop ammo, there are also some ammo boxes on the ground that seemed to respawn after I walked (read ran flailing away from the knife)away from them to the other side of the room.
Vaemer-Riit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Zhijn

Not to hard with a stealth character. Granted i died 3-4 times due to AI spawn = 2-3 seconds of stuttering lag, but found a fix for that and it went smooth. =)

I had stealth, pistol & kung-fu.
With enough kung-fu skills i could easily punch & kick his back to into the 80's.
Zhijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticPirate View Post
The problem with the Brayko fight is that players who are almost exclusively stealth-builds just get ripped apart by Brayko and his goons.
It took some patience to fight him, I'll say that. First playthrough I decided to challenge myself: pure stealth character with no offensive abilities (no weapons or martial arts). Unfortunately I soon learned that the game doesn't really cater to that kind of character; a number of boss fights are unavoidable and therefore my non-confrontational character kept getting forced into confrontation.

That being said, I stubbornly continued on and still managed to finish the game without ever having put any points into any weapons or martial arts.

The trick to Brayko I found was to find some cover that actually kept me covered (i.e. He couldn't hit me no matter how much he shot at me) and then time it so that I would pop up to fire my pistol at him just as he was finishing a burst of gunfire, giving me enough time to steady my aim and get those necessary headshots.

Then, any time he got buzzed on coke I'd pop a Shadow Operative on him and go hide somewhere till he calmed down. I had Brilliance (master) too so I could always use that to cancel the cooldown on Shadow Operative prematurely if I needed it again right away. Interestingly enough, it seems that if you avoid him by stealthing whenever he goes into a frenzy, he never calls any goons....

It took me a while to beat him, but I had cool music to listen to so it was all good. That, and his hilarious lines, made him one of my favorite boss fights too.

"Seriously buddy, where the ♥♥♥♥ did you go??"
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
Mr. Saturday

I think I beat him my first try, Stealth/Pistols. I learned quickly that the biggest drain to my HP was his knives, and avoiding those, I did alright. Granted, it is still a tough fight.
Mr. Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
JagFel

Yea, I think that was the toughest one for me too. Used chain shot to drain his armor then hosed him with the assault rifle, and repeat. When he coked up I just ran around like a chicken.
JagFel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
JK_DC

He is invulnerable when on coke so you have to run. He may not be though if you get heck to supply the tainted coke.
JK_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #10
JagFel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_DC View Post
He is invulnerable when on coke so you have to run. He may not be though if you get heck to supply the tainted coke.

I did Moscow first after Saudi on that play through; thanks for that tip off, I'll do Taipei first this time.
JagFel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
surreal

^
Keep in mind that it's quite expensive to do that...
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
undershot1

I used a mainly stealthy and Martial Arts character.

Just get near him when he has his coke episodes/seizure and then pound him with your fist. You'll get about 2 full combos in before the lights flash. CONTINUE hitting him while the lights flash. Then just run when his goons get in the room.
undershot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #13
domasx2

Took him out instantly with chain shot to the head. Didn't even know he had phases/goon spawns, heh. Higher levels of chain shot are way too powerful. Enabling the player to clear a room/kill a boss instantly makes you lazy.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #14
03tellis

I used the tainted coke and cheated by using chain shot ;D
I had a pistol, stealth, assault rifle, sabotage, tech apt, martial arts build, leveled each up to allow max benefit for minimum cost. Died a few times though. In fact Im pretty sure this boss fight and the one with sean darcy were the only 2 points in the game where I died.
03tellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #15
Muuro

I totally destroyed Brayko the last two times I ran through the game. Once I had maxed Martial Arts, while the other time only a 10 in MA. Both times I just ran up at him and started boxing. Used both Fury and Iron Will (works great as a counter to his knife). It was really pathetic, but he at least put up more of a fight in melee than Deng or Marburg.

The Marburg melee fight was hilarious. At one point he ran from me and I was chasing him around the whole room. Eventually had to stop for a minute as I was taking fire from all the goons. He took cover in the elevator (went with the save Madison route), which was a huge mistake with it basically backing him into a corner. When I ran over there he had no where to run.

Shockingly the only fight that was hard in melee was against Westridge and maybe Sis.
Muuro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alpha Protocol