Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sol Survivor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
mriguy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 262
Posts: 1,617
Help - Lost my badges, campaign was reset.

I recently moved to a new PC changing from XP to Win7(64bit). I copied all my save game files including those hidden in "...\Local Settings\Application Data\..." but can not see to find the file that stores my badges. My campaign was reset.

The leaderboard still shows me.

Any ideas where this is stored?
mriguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
ColdEquation
 
Cadenza Interactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 24
Posts: 179
Sol Survivor supports Steam cloud, so if you start the game logged into Steam (and had closed it logged into Steam), then it will pull your old save games.

Make sure that you have the correct profile set in game (you can change it by clicking on the profile name on the bottom of the main menu).

If you must manually copy the save game, copy this config file over the one created by starting Sol Survivor on your new machine: AppData\Local\Cadenza\SolSurvivor.exe\1.0.0.0\user .config
ColdEquation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
mriguy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 262
Posts: 1,617
I found out that I had accidentally turned off 'the cloud' in my account settings. Everything is working fine now.


Thanks for creating such an awesome game and all the support you have given this title. I only wish other developers showed your commitment.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
Florio
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 3
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Thanks for creating such an awesome game and all the support you have given this title. I only wish other developers showed your commitment.
I agree with you.

But the 1 hr Survival wall just seems insurmountable which is damaging the game's replayability for me. How do you get times well-over 1 hr? There must be a trick I'm missing. I'm spamming fury and overdrive and focus on multiple most-efficiently speed boosted turrets at 55 minutes but to no avail, I never get more than a few seconds over 1 hr.
Florio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Rechar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 102
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florio View Post
I agree with you.

But the 1 hr Survival wall just seems insurmountable which is damaging the game's replayability for me. How do you get times well-over 1 hr? There must be a trick I'm missing. I'm spamming fury and overdrive and focus on multiple most-efficiently speed boosted turrets at 55 minutes but to no avail, I never get more than a few seconds over 1 hr.
Make sure you focus heavily on slowing turrets (goo, turbulence, lightning, tesla), the slower they are, the longer they are in range and the more damage your turrets can put out.

Radiation is helpful to weaken the creeps so they take more damage.

Drop inhibitors if you take them, they are actually not worth the effort (the flare ability reveals, and the stopping health/shield regen is useless when the enemy is in your kill zone...the very region you place the inhibitors).

Try to avoid powers that do fixed damage (like inferno, drones etc) and use the percentage stuff (insta-gib, execute).

Other than that it comes down to tower placement, would need a screenie to see if you're doing anything wrong there.

Also, great game, great job supporting it Dev's...can't wait for the sequel! Pre-order waiting.
Rechar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #6
lordfa9
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 135
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEquation View Post
Sol Survivor supports Steam cloud, so if you start the game logged into Steam (and had closed it logged into Steam), then it will pull your old save games.
it does? I just reinstalled it and everything is wiped
lordfa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sol Survivor


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.