Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Theatre of War series

Old 12-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
TatteredRags

A question about Korea and I guess the rest of the series..

Ok, so I am playing ToW 3 and while I agree with many of the criticisms of this game that exist, I find I also find many aspects I appreciate of it also. However, one thing is confusing me and holding me back, the second battle of the campaign I am playing is a defense mission, and while I seem to have defeated the majority of the enemy force, the mission hasn't ended. I read somewhere on these forums that to win a battle, you have to literally kill ALL the enemies, which kinda sounds like a pain in the , in any case I noticed survivng enemy tank crewman who has left his messed up tank, he doesn't have a weapon and the little circle thing surrounding him is gray, I can't order my troops to attack him and when I tried to run him over with one of my tanks he moves away every time. Do I have to capture him to end the mission? If so, how do I do that? I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
kane1

You could order your Tank to fire at the ground next to the guy.
kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Sneaksie

If he is gray, he already surrendered and doesn't count as part of enemy force. Maybe there are other enemies alive? Yes, these mission win conditions can be flaky sometimes.
Sneaksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
TatteredRags

Firing at the ground killed him, too bad I didn't know I didn't have to. And yeah I won the battle now, there were some guys left far to one side of the battlefield, still don't really understand how I won though, I don't think I killed them all.
TatteredRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Yokozunayojimbo

Another very useful use of the "fire at area" is with vehicle mounted machine guns(you can select them clicking on the gun)and having them "fire at area" this is a great way to suppress troops in the open for example you can fire at an AT gun and troops will not be able to man it thanks to the MG fire.

Another very useful weapon system neglected by many players are the AA units (the US M-19 for example) they are very effective against ground targets as well.Some players limit their thinking and do not use these units much even though the M-19 was used mostly as an anti personnel weapon in real life during the Korean War.
Yokozunayojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Theatre of War series