Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cave Story+

Old 12-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
Aleth3ia

Just for information, the Remastered Sountrack is the 3DS version soundtrack.

You want redone 3D graphics for you CS+, but don't want the redone music ? What's your problem ? Never happy ?
Aleth3ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
Vappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarten View Post
New graphics + old music. The only sane choice.
This all the time.
Vappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #18
Axelhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarten View Post
New graphics + old music. The only sane choice.
The old music is grating in its overbearing chiptune-iness.

Yeah I said it.

One exception: the very first boss theme (used by Balrog, the first form of the true final boss, and various other bosses). That theme is way better on Original.
Axelhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #19
Nerfed

Am I really the only sane(ish) person in the world who likes all graphics and music settings?
Nerfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #20
Aleth3ia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfed View Post
Am I really the only sane(ish) person in the world who likes all graphics and music settings?
I do, too.
Aleth3ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #21
ChillaxestUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfed View Post
This is exactly how I feel. All of the music and graphics options are great.
The only time I've really hated anything in any version of Cave Story was the early WiiWare version's music, which was basically really horrible low quality midi sounding versions of "New".
ChillaxestUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #22
KasukeSadiki

I like the new music a lot. Currently trying to beat hell and using the remastered music. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I don't hate it.

The old graphics have their charm but the new ones keep that charm while being slightly more pleasing to look at. The 3DS graphics on the other hand...ugh
KasukeSadiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
Rainbow Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasukeSadiki View Post
I like the new music a lot. Currently trying to beat hell and using the remastered music. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I don't hate it.

The old graphics have their charm but the new ones keep that charm while being slightly more pleasing to look at. The 3DS graphics on the other hand...ugh
It's hard to translate a game to 3D properly while keeping the aesthetic of the original.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #24
JoeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
Not to mention you couldn't justify why any of the new options look/sound awful if your life depended on it, but if I'm wrong here, please present your reasoning.
From the sounds of it, he can't justify why the new options look and sound awful because he's just another person stating his own personal opinions as facts and trying to represent everyone else with them. In my case, I actually enjoyed the new look/feel a whole lot. It really makes the game feel fresh again (I also have the 3DS version which takes it a step further using the 3D effects). Not to mention the annoyance of my screen resolution re-sizing to something ridiculously small in the original version is also gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbalas View Post
Tl;dr, Sane people would take the new sprite option and hipsters would take the old sprite option, same goes for music.
I read your entire post but I'll quote your tl:dr for the sake of space. Yes, the old style graphics were originally there due to hardware limitations. I'm sure graphic artists would have wanted much more detail in place if it was possible. However, there seem to be many people that really LIKE this style of art (although I guess it comes across as extreme to both brand them as "hipsters" and likewise, to not be open to newer graphic styles in games as well). Whether it be nostalgia or just the way it looks. The games were also much simpler to pick up and play to the point where even a very small child could learn them quickly. Nowadays, even kids games have much more complexity to them.

Last edited by JoeB: 12-26-2011 at 06:43 AM.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cave Story+