Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > First Templar, The

Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
redkiwikiwi

Is it is worth it?

Yes!

The game doesn't require you to break your back trying to kill your foes, but it still is challenging sometimes. It has a pretty cool, simple, albeit limited, stealth system, which is quite fun. The best thing though is the atmosphere, this is created very well thanks to the superb art of the game, the locations feel authentic, the cloths you wear are very pretty and convincing, and the story isn't over the top but is good enough to keep you playing instead of being repulsively mediocre. There are quite a few puzzles in the game also, though they are pretty easy, the game is centered mostly around combat.

Honestly though, I really liked the game's atmosphere, which is what kept me playing it. I don't usually play this type of games, and I can see why it isn't exactly revolutionary as a game, but it felt fun and I was easily immersed in the games world.

For me it is worth it, maybe it is for you too.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Cut2TheChase

At normal full price, no.
I got the 2 pack for $20.00 and can live with it.
Cut2TheChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
bobsbarricades

^^^ can you tell me more cut2thechase? thanks redkiwikiwi =) (you live in new zealand?)
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Alakagon

I would tend to agree with Cut2TheChase, At normal price the game isn't worth getting, there are much better games cheaper, although I really like the game. Story isn't too bad, the few puzzles are interesting, the cut scenes are mediocre. Most graphics look ok, though I hate villagers with those moustaches, looking so .....

For some people a plus will be the range of achievements, an ok co-op as well. Definitely an intresting game, good concept, a bit repetitive but quite fun when you get into it.

Altough for full price the game is bit on dear side, comparing it to other games available, which are better.
Alakagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #5
Stexred

its worth it when its on sale
its a nice relaxed game with an ok storyline
Stexred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
HorrorScope

It's like Hunted and Lotr Witn.

A lot better then the press gave it credit. For one it's a clean non-buggy game in coop, which many games can't say. I would have liked more variety in the baddies and more map to adventure in.
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
Dave3d

I agree.
A pretty good pick it up and have fun game.
Not a huge backpack of items to have to take care of (great if you like FPS games and not so much rpg).
Good atmosphere.
Good action.

I dont see why this had to have the login drm though.
I would have much preffered it w/o the login.
Maybe it will come to gog soon.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
Dave3d

Man, I am SO enjoying this game!
2 sittings, I have played for 9 hours!

Pretty linear, but I actually like that in a game. I know I wont get lost, or not know where to go next (I am looking at you, Batman: Arkham City).
Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
bobsbarricades

man I'm bummed I never picked this up when it was on sale you guys tellin me it's all enjoyable. how dare you! haha

will have to remember
Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
Dave3d

Just finished it.
Almost 17 hours for me, and I skipped a lot of cut scenes.
:P

Very good game.
Too bad it didnt sell well enough, and they wont be making a second one.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #11
Joshyjess

This game has become one of my favorites.

It really is a lot of fun with a good degree of difficulty, yet without going overboard and getting you frustrated.
I really enjoyed the story, and finding as many of the hidden updates and story stones as possible. I've learned a lot about the history of the Templars, all the while having a great time. It offers some fun hidden treasures (mostly different oufits). There aren't a lot of them, so you really feel good when you do find one. I like the upgrade tree (cross). It gives you quite a few choices, and allows you to choose different paths of leveling up if you play the game again. I also like the ability (some times necessity) of changing between the 2 characters whenever you want to.

It also has a really good 2 player local co-op. My son and I have had a great time playing this game together. I wish more games offered this feature.
Joshyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
bobsbarricades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshyjess View Post
This game has become one of my favorites.

It really is a lot of fun with a good degree of difficulty, yet without going overboard and getting you frustrated.
I really enjoyed the story, and finding as many of the hidden updates and story stones as possible. I've learned a lot about the history of the Templars, all the while having a great time. It offers some fun hidden treasures (mostly different oufits). There aren't a lot of them, so you really feel good when you do find one. I like the upgrade tree (cross). It gives you quite a few choices, and allows you to choose different paths of leveling up if you play the game again. I also like the ability (some times necessity) of changing between the 2 characters whenever you want to.

It also has a really good 2 player local co-op. My son and I have had a great time playing this game together. I wish more games offered this feature.
I wish more fathers gamed with their kids ^O^
Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #13
AgingHobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades View Post
I tried playing Titan Quest with my dad. It was a disaster
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
Joshyjess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbarricades View Post
Friday nights, my son doesn't have a bed time (unless he has a basketball game the next morning). Normally we'll be up to 2 or 3 in the morning either playing co-op games together (currently Trine and Lego BATMAN are our favorites), or I'll watch him play a game on Steam. I set up an account for him at Christmas, and now he has about 25 games of his own. I've watched him beat all the Prince of Persia games, both Portals, both Overlords, and quite a few others.
It is one of the highlights of our week.

I agree that more dads should game with their kids. It is such a fun time together.
Joshyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
marelooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
I dont see why this had to have the login drm though.
I was interested until I read that, I'll be passing this one up.
marelooke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > First Templar, The