Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite

Old 12-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
sphearis

Easy gold medals + multiplayer achievements

Hi everyone, I was looking for a cheap arcade racing game with achievements since EA didn't want to take part in that with its NFS licence.

I liked this game, not loved because there are so many annoying bugs, the graphics and music s*ck and there are a few interface glitches showing that the devs have not been making games for a long time.

Anyway, it wasn't a disappointing experience, and I'm getting rid of the last achievements before moving to Flatout 3.

I wanted to share a tip to get gold medals in every race easily, some of you may know about it, this is for those who don't:
- Get the Hessen R620(street cars), the fifth version(white and red), launch a race, don't try to "race", you'll often finish last. Instead, crash into as many objects as possible, with the huge bonus awarded you should have a ton of points at the end of the race, diminishing drastically your time and getting you the first place in every race + gold medal.

I also wanted to call other players as the only hard achievements are the multiplayer ones, not because multiplayer is harder, just because nobody play online. If there's a few players available to unlock these, please add me as a friend (Sphearis).

And I don't know if I'm the only one but "winning a race with every car in career mode" achievement didn't unlock for me. Is it winning one single race or winning any race but use all of the cars available(what I did)?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
m8rt1n

I did the first race with every car to get that achievement. When you unlocked the fifth car in each group did you race with them as well? Just because it was the last car to be unlocked you still have to race them to get the achievement.
m8rt1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
sphearis

I might have forgotten one of the fifth cars, I'll play again with them on the first race before doing it again with the others. Thanks for the reminder.
sphearis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
inspiral66

You're moving on to Flatout 3? Have you seen that game? If you haven't bought it already I strongly advise you don't. Team6 have made a complete hash of it.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
sphearis

I loved Ultimate Carnage, maybe it's not a good game but it's the only one on PC featuring that kind of fun gameplay. I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to enjoy it.

As for ignite achievements, I finally got it, I played with all the level 5 cars and it didn't unlock but I played one more race with another car and it popped right as I finished it.

Another tip for achievements: About the 100 demolition man and the 100 Drift king(translation? I play on the french version), your drifts/demolition won't add if you use a car with respectively a drift or objects bonus. The best cars to use is those with nitro bonus points as they add points to anything you do and still increase the counter. This tip can also be used to unlock 3 drift kings in a row and the other one... For the drifts, I found the Okinava Rapid(level 5) to be the easiest. Approximately 10-15 good drifts per race.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
inspiral66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphearis View Post
I loved Ultimate Carnage, maybe it's not a good game but it's the only one on PC featuring that kind of fun gameplay. I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to enjoy it.
Flatout Ultimate Carnage is probably the greatest racing game of all time. Flatout 3 is probably the worst. The difference is the first three FO games were made by Bugbear. This latest incarnation was made by Team6 and published by Strategy First, and it's a blatant cash-in on the Flatout name. The gameplay is nothing like the other FO games and there's little or no fun to be had. If you head over to the Flatout forums you'll see dozens of people demanding their money back and pouring scorn on Team6.

It's your own business whether you buy it, of course, but I just wanted to warn you.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
ElfShotTheFood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphearis View Post
The only way you'll enjoy it is if you take some recreational drugs before you start playing.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
sphearis

I didn't listen to you guys and here's the message I sent to Steam support regarding Flatout 3:

"Hi, I know every account has access to a one time refund and I REALLY wish to use it for the game Flatout 3 as it doesn't meet any expectation, it's buggy, unenjoyable because of lousy controls. This game is a mess, did they even test it on animals before releasing it?

It's a shame for such a good licence...

Kind regards."

I just tested it, and I didn't even want to finish the race, I was too afraid to have an achievement unlocked on this piece of crap. Such a shame, I don't even think they can make it playable with some patches... Omg, it's a shame for such a beautiful license, what's left for car wreck lovers? (Hopefully a brand new Carmageddon will be released in 2012).

By the way, I still need players on ignite as multiplayer is still dead, this game needs a huge promo event(-66% to -75% to fill the servers for a few weeks). Please
Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
inspiral66

I hope you get a refund, Sphearis.

As far as Ignite is concerned, I've yet to buy as I think it's still a little too expensive. If it was less than £10 I might take the plunge. I'm hoping it'll feature in a sale soon. Maybe then I'll see you online.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
inspiral66

I've PM'ed you about racing online, Sphearis.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
inspiral66

Sphearis said: "Get the Hessen R620(street cars), the fifth version(white and red), launch a race, don't try to "race", you'll often finish last. Instead, crash into as many objects as possible, with the huge bonus awarded you should have a ton of points at the end of the race, diminishing drastically your time and getting you the first place in every race + gold medal."

Thanks for the advice. I just beat several tracks I was struggling with and unlocked a blisteringly fast race car which helped me win a few other races. Not many gold medals yet, though. I think I need to stop hitting the walls!

Oh, and the above tip regarding the Hessen R620 netted me the 50000 points achievement, too. Have some rep, Sphearis!

Last edited by inspiral66: 12-27-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
inspiral66

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8rt1n View Post
I did the first race with every car to get that achievement. When you unlocked the fifth car in each group did you race with them as well? Just because it was the last car to be unlocked you still have to race them to get the achievement.
I'm sure I've won a race with every configuration of every car, i.e. all five cars in each of the three classes, and all five configurations of each car, and yet the achievement remains locked. Is ther any way i can check which one I might have overlooked? I can't bear the thought of doing it all over again.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ignite