Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dive to the Titanic

Old 12-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
XinLoi

Odd Behavior Rendering the Sim Inoperable

It installed no problem, and starts nicely. The opening movie is very impressive. I can even get into the first mission.

Then, I'm stuck on the bottom. The arrow keys do not respond. Hitting the "Home" button is received by the program in lieu of the up arrow. Otherwise, I can to nothing. The 'X' button does give me forward thrust, but the 'Y' button is not recognized at all.

I've tried to remap the keys, but perhaps I am doing something wrong as I am unable to change anything other than the program assigning the right mouse click to whatever it is on which I click.

I would truly appreciate guidance from the developer.

Thanks
Xin
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
kom1691

Same here. I had this problem with the German version, and I bought this version too, hoping it would be fixed. I've managed to reassign all the keys to the correct functions, but I was really hoping it would be fixed in this release. Also, did you have problems with it recognizing the native resolution of your monitor? I have a 1080p one, and the highest the game would let me choose was something like 1336x768.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
charlesboys

Keyboard command are NOT set up correctly upon install! I edited them to make more sense with trial and error...and finally got it functional!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
XinLoi

Would you please describe how you managed to edit the keystrokes? All I've managed to do is assign the Z axis from the left mouse key, and then clear it with the backspace key. Otherwise, I've been unable to assign any other key.
XinLoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
XinLoi

My issues remain. Would someone from the development group please help?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
XinLoi

My issues remain. Would someone from the development group please help?

Thanks
Xin
Old 12-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
wardave

Help

I keep getting a start up error and says (The engine was unable to create a suitable graphics context Please make sure your graphics meets the minimum requirement if your running in windowed mode for the first time and you see this message make sure your desktop colour depth is set to 32-bit)

HOw do i fix this problem >??????!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #8
Johnny_TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by XinLoi View Post
It installed no problem, and starts nicely. The opening movie is very impressive. I can even get into the first mission.

Then, I'm stuck on the bottom. The arrow keys do not respond. Hitting the "Home" button is received by the program in lieu of the up arrow. Otherwise, I can to nothing. The 'X' button does give me forward thrust, but the 'Y' button is not recognized at all.

I've tried to remap the keys, but perhaps I am doing something wrong as I am unable to change anything other than the program assigning the right mouse click to whatever it is on which I click.

I would truly appreciate guidance from the developer.

Thanks
Xin
Hi,

on an english keyboardlayout the "Z" is where the "Y" on a german keyboard is, maybe that has something to do with your problem. Please try the "Z" Button to get in reverse/neutral-gear. About Your "Home"-Button, I dont really know whats going wrong there. Please try to set it on another key.

Kind Regards,
Johnny
TML-Studios
Old 12-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #9
Nice Vaughan

I have the same problem.
The arrow keys do not respond in the tutorial.
And any solutions did not work.
Nice Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
dphorton

I am having a simular problem but the game will not load. I get Direct X and sound not found error.
dphorton is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dive to the Titanic