Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series

Old 12-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
JG_Pliskin

DMC3 terrible framerate

I know this game is infamously a bad port but is there anything I can do?

I got this game as a free gift as part of Steam's current giveaways and I would be so mad if I had actually paid for this.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
JG_Pliskin

So after some Googling it seems that if you rename the sound folder your framerate really increases, there's some kind of problem with how the game handles the sound files. But when you do this you don't get any music and I'm not prepared to play like that.

Steam should be ashamed that this port is available for purchase. It's absolutely criminal.
JG_Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Sami69

You're right, it should be illegal to ask money for broken product like this. What bothers me is why they can and i'm not blaming steam but Capcom, Ubisoft and source next are all to blame for this.

Capcom is guilty of letting Ubisoft handle this game and Ubisoft probably tried to ruin this game by giving porting job to worst company they could find and Sourcenext is guilty because they simply exist.

This game is AAA game and frigging and pure awesomness and this makes me annoyed as hell because we almost got one great game on pc but thanks to those three we didn't. They still dare to sell this piece of is beyond me.

ps Please sue them
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series