Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Polynomial, The

Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Henry Plainview

Strange mouse control issue

The first time I played the demo it was fine, but since then (even after a reboot and clean install of the full version) whenever I press the keys bound to look up, down, left, or right the mouse becomes completely unresponsive until I click a mouse button (middle click also works). It's very annoying, and I have no idea because my mouse apparently has no drivers and works completely fine elsewhere. Here is the log, although I don't know if it will help.

Also, is there a way to reset the controls to defaults? I really messed with mine testing this and I don't feel like changing them all back manually.

Last edited by Henry Plainview: 12-29-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Dmytry

The Polynomial Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
The first time I played the demo it was fine, but since then (even after a reboot and clean install of the full version) whenever I press the keys bound to look up, down, left, or right the mouse becomes completely unresponsive until I click a mouse button (middle click also works). It's very annoying, and I have no idea because my mouse apparently has no drivers and works completely fine elsewhere. Here is the log, although I don't know if it will help.

Also, is there a way to reset the controls to defaults? I really messed with mine testing this and I don't feel like changing them all back manually.
Are you using both the arrowkeys and mouse? This behaviour happens because I toggle between mouse and controller... when playing on laptop it is annoying if the touchpad remains responsive when you are using the arrow keys instead of it, and I didn't expect people to use both keyboard arrow keys and mouse.

re: resetting controller, you can delete the configuration file.

Last edited by Dmytry: 12-30-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Dmytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Henry Plainview

No, I was using WASD, but it didn't seem to matter what keys I rebound them to. I tried a bunch of different ones to see if I could get any useful information, which is why I said all my controls are screwy now. That's a good idea for the touchpad, but I manually disabled my touchpad entirely through Windows 7 because its placement on my laptop is annoying during normal use.
Henry Plainview is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Polynomial, The