Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Old 07-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
SOE

Talking Steel Storm Walkthrough Guides

I know there was a post on the Steel Storm website but i figured I'd come here to share the guides I've written so far on this game here at the Steam forums. I'm still working on the episode 2 walkthroughs but I wanted to start getting feedback on what I've done so far, if there's anything I can do to improve upon them or any suggestions someone might have. Also corrections to any errors i may have made and left in would be duly appreciated.

Steel Storm Guide @ Standard Of Entertainment

Thoughts?

Edit: Updated for the new guide location

Last edited by SOE: 09-27-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
xX_Renegade_Xx

I'll have a look at these later but +rep to you for the work that's gone into them
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
KIAaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE View Post
Thoughts?
Add a picture for each enemy, weapon and item?

But you've really done a pretty good job.
KIAaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
SOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAaze View Post
Add a picture for each enemy, weapon and item?

But you've really done a pretty good job.
Under the weapon and utility and enemy sections there should be pictures of all of them, including action shots for the weapons. Do you not see them?

Thank you
SOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
KIAaze

Yes, I do see it, but it's not as practical as having all the pictures right next to the description.
Also, you could add some info about how weapons are kept for the rest of the episode if you finish a level with them, and how you can only carry one of each type. That way next time when somebody asks that question, I can just refer him/her to your guide. ^^
Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
SOE

Quote:
Yes, I do see it, but it's not as practical as having all the pictures right next to the description.
Also, you could add some info about how weapons are kept for the rest of the episode if you finish a level with them, and how you can only carry one of each type. That way next time when somebody asks that question, I can just refer him/her to your guide. ^^
Word, I just finished updating both the enemy and weapon/items guides to arrange the pictures like you mentioned instead of a series of thumbnails by group. Let me know if it looks better. Also updated the top post with the latest guide for Chapter 2 of Episode 2.

I also added a section covering weapon continuation in the weapon/item guide up at the top with some bold headings to make sure people can see it front and center. Let me know if I left anything out with that.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
KIAaze

Yes, looks perfect now. I can't think of anything else to criticize.
Except maybe that such info should be in an official game manual instead, something like an ingame encyclopedia. ^^
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
SOE

Quote:
Yes, looks perfect now. I can't think of anything else to criticize.
Except maybe that such info should be in an official game manual instead, something like an ingame encyclopedia. ^^
Updated the link to point to the new location of the Steel Storm guides. Better formatting is possible thanks to it now being on it's very own site. Let me know if you have any suggestions for the new look. Still working on moving over the Pickups and Episode 2.

I also updated the ex-Episode 1 levels to represent their new structure.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
dragon_kid

The guide is empty *sadface* :<
dragon_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
zratchet

Steel Storm Volunteer Moderator
Down for end of year maintenance. I or the guide creator will post again once they are back up.
zratchet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution