Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rise of Immortals

Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Tomlo

how does everyone like rise of the immortals?

I really like games like this. The teams together against each other is fun.

This game has great potential, but its not friendly to new users.

I also feel that the steam achievement is not fun, it might as well involve beating my head with a hammer. To find new players try to show them the better aspects of the game.

Anyone else willing to share their thoughts?

Last edited by Aradoness: 12-31-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
0ps

I would say the opposite. I found it very easy to get into. I only installed it for the acheivement but have been meaning to try out a moba for a while now.

Maybe you should give some reason why you think it isn't "easy to get into", then the devs may be able to change things.

I also haven't had any problem with the community in general. This is however the internet and I find it rediculous to expect hundreds or thousands of people to all be nice or welcoming. I'm willing to help anyone if they ask but I don't expect anything from strangers.

I have to agree with the acheivement, they should be easy for someone who has never played before and be completable in max 30mins. It could easily take a couple of games for someone who has never played the genre and games normally last 30mins+.
0ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Tomlo

ive played six hours and failed to get the achievement, im prob not going to try again. I keep trying to have fun when i play but it is so damn frustrating.
Tomlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
0ps

I can help you get it if you want. You just need to attack an enemy player and let a team mate kill them. But the gap between you doing damage and the other killing them can't be too big or it won't work.
0ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
mack083

Of all the MOBA games out there this is probably one of the most user friendly. It has a practice mode, recommended items, you can play against bots instead of people.

Try out some of that stuff and then tell us what you think.
mack083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
foadiron

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ps View Post
I can help you get it if you want. You just need to attack an enemy player and let a team mate kill them. But the gap between you doing damage and the other killing them can't be too big or it won't work.
Finally got the achieve after 5 hours of trying (in total), I even won a game along the way. Seemed to have the most luck with the dwarf, if it helps.
foadiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
GrieverXVII

seems ok..but i think the achievement will drive a lot of people away due to frustrations connected to the game and the xmas achievement.

Last edited by GrieverXVII: 12-31-2011 at 06:38 PM.
GrieverXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
RiotControl

I think I enjoyed the game enough to keep it installed. I'm not much of a DOTA player, but I had fun with this. I got the achievement in my first game. I just followed a player around in a 3v3 PVE game, did damage with some abilities and backed off while I let him take the kill.

The easiest way to get the 10 assists is at the end of the game assuming you're winning. The heroes will keep respawning while you're destroying their base. Just stay in the back so they don't target you first, then use a few abilities to lower their health and then back off as your team mates finish them.

It took me about 35 mins to get the achievement, which was about how long the match took.
RiotControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Tomlo

I tried playing some different immoral's, its easier but still hard.
Tomlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
h4ngedm4n

I think this game is excellent for the LoL/DotA/HoN players that wished their game "had more PVE". But for the mainstay moba players that are after the 5v5 team experience, RoI's character-based progression is a major hangup. Personally the next time I see a "we need PVE" thread in the other games' forums, I'll just tell them to play RoI instead.
h4ngedm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
johnh10

The only thing I really dislike is when players intentionally quit/disconnect leaving your team totally lopsided. Yes it happens a lot.
johnh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
electrorenan

Before I installed this, I been thinking about getting on a MOBA/ARTS (many names, many preferences...), but after done a little research its seems both LoL and HoN dont have a much newbie-friendly communities. Then this pop-up and I keep it on my HDD. RoI does a great job on introduce new players (including me) to this genre, in my opinion. If only Steam havent burn my credit card to the limits i've have bought Vezin and Tatiana...
Oh, and doesnt take much thinking to realizing that this kinda of achievement actually gets harder when you are focused to achieve it. Just play the game normally and it will shown up eventually.
electrorenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
JukeThem

Didn't enjoy it at all but I am an old school HoN and now LoL player so this to me seemed kind of not ready for prime time. Maybe with a few extra months of polish, more items and better balance I would have thought differently. As it is the game is bad in comparison to its competition.
JukeThem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Martrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack083 View Post
Of all the MOBA games out there this is probably one of the most user friendly. It has a practice mode, recommended items,
Wait, there are recommended items? Where are they (it's a real question, I never saw them...)?
Martrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martrys View Post
Wait, there are recommended items? Where are they (it's a real question, I never saw them...)?
It's right on top of the shop. As you can see here...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...36391257175477

When you buy a recommended item, it will disappear from the list.
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rise of Immortals