Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory

Old 12-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Ridnarhtim

I don't understand some of the things this game does...

I just played a game where Tycho bought in with his item. With 3 of us left, I had the best hand - a full house. I got the money ... And Strong Bad got the item. There was a side pot, which I couldn't win because I didn't have enough to put in, but it still seems like I should have gotten the item?

Then, more confusingly, with Strong Bad and myself left, we had the EXACT same cards(except for suits, obviously). I don't mean we had the same hands and a kicker to decide, I mean we both had Ace high with the same 5 highest cards. As far as I'm aware, if this happens in poker, the pot is split between the two players - however, Strong Bad got all of it.

The game is frustratingly unfair enough without this kind of blatant nonsense happening....
Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
lomaxgnome

The first one is easy, while you may have "won" the hand, you weren't the one to put out Tycho, that happened from the side pot, which was won by Strong Bad, because you didn't have enough money. That's normal and is nothing but bad luck. The second one as described sounds like a bug, as every tie I've seen was split correctly, but quite honestly, the most likely explanation is that you didn't actually have exactly the same cards as he did. While you can certainly question the AI in the game, I've never seen any indication it has any issues with the fundamentals of poker.
lomaxgnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Ridnarhtim

Trust me, I checked the cards as they were listed at the top (below the player names) and they were the exact same. I'm just going to assume that it is a bug.
Ridnarhtim is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory